Dan's budding experiment in O gauge.

DanielB

• RMweb Premium

Look forward to seeing a photo of work in progress, I like Peckett locos.

I'm working on a rebuild of a 'P' class tank I bought in a demic state, working on chassis. Will show when its running.

Dava

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I updated this, but I've been collecting bits and bobs for long enough now, so thought I'd start an O gauge micro layout.

The progress can be followed in this thread here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/82730-stanhope-glass-co/

Thought I'd put it in the UK Industrial forum as I don't think that forum gets nearly enough traffic! :D

Slowly! I've been struggling to get the chassis re-gauged to 7mm.

I am going to pre-order a DJ Models Austerity on payday though - I understand the release date isn't until much later in the year, plenty of time to save up! :D

• 1 month later...

Hi

I'm building a r/c gauge 1 version of the same Peckett loco your building. In fact the picture of the loco posted a few months ago (no. 2000) was the loco that I used to ride on the footplate at the North Woolwich steam museum back in the early 90's, which is why I'm building one. My loco will be built from wood and plastic. I'm building it to also prove you can build large scale models on the cheap. Only problem with my loco is the wheels. I don't know where to source the cheapest wheels and I don't have a lathe to build one of my own.

How are you progressing with the model. It would be interesting to see the methods your using as I'm in the build phase of my loco now.

George

• 3 months later...

Time to bring this thread back from the dead! I've shelved the Peckett model for the moment as I am currently working on a layout and some scratchbuilt stock to go on it first.

I've got an Atlas Plymouth diesel loco coming from ebay that will tide me over for a while - testing the track and such, along with a scrap-box full of wagons coming my way from the classifieds on this very forum, so expect to see a fair few updates coming this way, either here or in my layout thread here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/82730-stanhope-glass-co/

Exciting times! :D

• 2 months later...

I don't want to distract you but have you considered the Mercian thrifty 0-6-0 pecket (SG1)? My sons doing one right now (absolutely no experience before). Got some 2nd wheels for £35, motor/gbox £30ish up if you search at the stalls. They're not bad a bad build for £100

Here's one I did a year ago in moggie green.

post-17315-0-90608900-1414004598.jpg

Archived