Bachmann 2014 ...for those with crystal balls....

coachmann

With four days to go before the announcement I want to be the first one this year to say it, so here goes:

"I'm disappointed...there's nothing for me here, I'll be saving my money!"

Crystal Balls beat you to it... by 4 days... Post  #1152

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/79489-Bachmann-2014-for-those-with-crystal-balls/page-47&do=findComment&comment=1511684

P

Class 90 electric

Wishful thinking I feel, but if they release one in Swallow, RES or Triple Grey I'll be putting in a pre-order (subject to which bodily organs I'll have to sell first to be able to afford it). 

Something small and Scottish- J36 or Jumbo please.

A Hawksworth Pannier to go with all the other WR stuff  - 16XX or 94XX would be fab, and of course

a NBL D2700 shunter, failing that a class 06 shunter

A class EM1 26000 would be blisss....

I think that the time has arrived when a greater choice may be had of credible pre-grouping coaching stock. Such would include shorter length bogie coaches, and both four and six wheel varieties for branch and mainline operation.

If any manufacturer should then agree with me, find the market sympathetic, and proceed to explore the possibilities of LSWR prototypes, then I would demonstrate my support in a time-honoured fashion.

PB

I think that the time has arrived when a greater choice may be had of credible pre-grouping coaching stock. Such would include shorter length bogie coaches, and both four and six wheel varieties for branch and mainline operation.

If any manufacturer should then agree with me, find the market sympathetic, and proceed to explore the possibilities of LSWR prototypes, then I would demonstrate my support in a time-honoured fashion.

PB

I agree that there is a lack of Pre-grouping stock ,which some of it made it into BR day's ,that would be well received.

• RMweb Gold

PB

I can't agree with you more but I think your must have put a S where the N should be, by mistake in your rush to put up your thoughts. Being dyslexic I really have trouble reading when people misspell things

Guest Belgian

A new tooled Lord Nelson.

and an Original Bulleid Merchant Navy in all its forms . . . but, best of all a 'Leader'!

JE

• RMweb Gold

and an Original Bulleid Merchant Navy in all its forms . . . but, best of all a 'Leader'!

JE

so you want an (singler) bulleid in all it's forms(multiple) so long as we have that sorted out then

• RMweb Gold

so you want an (singler) bulleid in all it's forms(multiple) so long as we have that sorted out then

Bulleid Pacifics were constructed in a 'design and build' kind of way. So it is possible to have a singular class with variations from 'widows peak' to all manner of cabs etc. Mr Bulleid was indeed a very individualistic character.

Yep I just liked the way it was written. Just out of curiosity does anyone know how many variations their was

Hi

If you are talking about Westcountry's no two are the same, there are a couple of good book's that cover them and all the variations.

I would recommend this book that cover all of the class; http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=book%20of%20the%20west%20country%2F%20battle%20of%20britain%20loco&source=web&cd=26&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDwQFjAFOBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FBook-Country-Battle-Britain-Pacifics%2Fdp%2F1903266238&ei=7BjHU_vQJKO80QXt1YDwAg&usg=AFQjCNFYwGddN8VcWNDGkaKrpH0DDSL_9g

• RMweb Gold
If as you no two are the same I would have thought that would put them being made as a model very unlikely as it would be a group of one off's and unlikely to make a profit on all the tooling needed to make just a hand full never mind the whole class

• RMweb Gold

With mentioning the widow's peak, I think Farren was referring to the Merchant Navies, rather than the West Country's Darren. However depending on when you model West Country's dictates on how many variations there are ;)

The only thing that really interests me these days are Southern engines (short supply in Bachmann's range), a 4-BEP (would love to finish that boat train) or any other southern region EMU or an APT-P to blue pullman standards or a class 74.

I personally have enough Midland, North eastern and Western engines with rolling stock.

Or and a Mk1 BSO with an S number (any stream livery)....

Archived