Designing & Printing Brickwork

Thanks for this, I have sent you my email address.

Also for information, anyone using dropbox can put files into the public folder and then supply links to those files on forums such as this, this is what I have done in the thread linked to below:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/75507-texture-sheets/

Hi, All

Any compression of a graphics file reduces the quality/resolution

Another bright example of PLAINLY WRONG information in the internet!

See the relevant WP article - 1st paragraph as well as the 1st para of chapter "Lossless".

There you can read: "The Lempel–Ziv (LZ) compression methods are among the most popular algorithms for lossless storage." and "LZW (Lempel–Ziv–Welch) is used in GIF images."

.GIF-, .PNG- as well as .TIF-files use lossless compression, even JPG can do it (JPEG-LS). These are all graphic files.

Shaking his head: Armin

Another bright example of PLAINLY WRONG information in the internet!

See the relevant WP article - 1st paragraph as well as the 1st para of chapter "Lossless".

There you can read: "The Lempel–Ziv (LZ) compression methods are among the most popular algorithms for lossless storage." and "LZW (Lempel–Ziv–Welch) is used in GIF images."

.GIF-, .PNG- as well as .TIF-files use lossless compression, even JPG can do it (JPEG-LS). These are all graphic files.

Shaking his head: Armin

Hi, Armin

Thanks for you input

Have tested saving the graphics file in PNG, GIF & TIFF - these are the only suitable options available in MS Paint

Agree with your comment that PNG & TIFF preserve the resolution and colour quality, and at a very reasonable reduction in file size. However, GIF doesn't preserve the colour quality

Saving in standard JPG, as you infer doesn't preserve the resolution or colour. Cannot save in JPG-LS from MS Paint

Thanks again for your clarification

Ron

Hi, All

Have uploaded seven graphics files to DROPBOX

bluebrickbgd.png

greybrickbgd.png

redbrickbgd.png

yellowbrickbgd.png

Bond-English 4656px x 3264px.png

Bond-English-Common 4656px x 3264px.png

Bond-Flemish 4656px x 3264px.png

These are in PNG format, which enables the original BMP files to be saved as a much smaller file size (no decompression is required) - and this doesn't change any of the above process detailed in the posts above, other than reference to BMP should be PNG

Use this link to enable downloading of any of these files -

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjqiuykbgkrhw37/wHhakvhjSo

Left Click on one of pictures in the display > Displays a larger version > Right Click on this picture, and Click on Download in the dropdown box

You can then scroll to the next picture

Ron

Hi, All

Have uploaded seven graphics files to DROPBOX

bluebrickbgd.png

greybrickbgd.png

redbrickbgd.png

yellowbrickbgd.png

Bond-English 4656px x 3264px.png

Bond-English-Common 4656px x 3264px.png

Bond-Flemish 4656px x 3264px.png

These are in PNG format, which enables the original BMP files to be saved as a much smaller file size (no decompression is required) - and this doesn't change any of the above process detailed in the posts above, other than reference to BMP should be PNG

Use this link to enable downloading of any of these files -

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjqiuykbgkrhw37/wHhakvhjSo

Left Click on one of pictures in the display > Displays a larger version > Right Click on this picture, and Click on Download in the dropdown box

You can then scroll to the next picture

Ron

Thanks Ron (and Campaman). I must admit to a somewhat staid attitude when it comes to model architecture and use plasticard and embossed sheets. I am now tempted to expand that skill set into card modelling with such an excellent start!

Regards

Bill

Guys - my apologies to anyone who still hasn't got their links - I am now sharing a DropBox that I created rather than linking to Ron's. If anyone still has not got the link, let me know and I will sort it as soon as I can.

OK I have now figured this out, its to do with the current back ground colour being different.

What I had to do was.

1. Create the new blank drawing at 4656 x 3264

2. Paste from the mortar file - make sure that select all and transparent selection are selected - then press Cut.

3. Paste from the background colour, then press normal paste to get the mortar file back.

This then pastes in the mortar with the correct background colour for transparency.

I am a happy camper, thanks all for sharing and help with the dropbox.

Guys - my apologies to anyone who still hasn't got their links - I am now sharing a DropBox that I created rather than linking to Ron's. If anyone still has not got the link, let me know and I will sort it as soon as I can.

Gruffalo, I got a link sent to my phone but its disappeared will I still see it if I log into dropbox tonight? first time I have used it.

Archived