RailMatch models

Hello all!

I ordered some railmatch paint from Railmatch models towards the end of last month, but I've not hear anything back from them, other than my PayPal account has been debited. I've tried their email address, but not heard anything back. I've now noticed there isn't a phone number on their website to call.? 

So does anyone have a phone number for Railmatch models?

TIA

Hello all!

I ordered some railmatch paint from Railmatch models towards the end of last month, but I've not hear anything back from them, other than my PayPal account has been debited. I've tried their email address, but not heard anything back. I've now noticed there isn't a phone number on their website to call.

TIA

I've had a look at their site and they are actually in breach of the law on electronic commerce as there is no address or phone number on the site, only an email address.

I had a look at the website details (via nominet) and it is registered to a "non-trading individual" (it should be registered as a business) so there is no address or telephone there.

I would be inclined to raise a paypal complaint and see if they respond - there seems to be no other way to contact them.

Andy B)

Who's Railmatch models? When I first saw your question I thought you where refering to Howes's of Oxford!

Anyway googled them and got a email address of

service@railmatch.co.uk

but no address or phone number.......

Since you paid through paypal, why not start a claim for items not received?

Either your get your money back or Railmatch models will be in contact PDQ to

sort the problem out....

good luck

Keith

I've had a look at their site and they are actually in breach of the law on electronic commerce as there is no address or phone number on the site, only an email address.

I had a look at the website details (via nominet) and it is registered to a "non-trading individual" (it should be registered as a business) so there is no address or telephone there.

I would be inclined to raise a paypal complaint and see if they respond - there seems to be no other way to contact them.

I did the same Andy and agree it's not very good at all, I'd agree with your suggested course of action too.

Probably off topic, but Railmatch Paints are actually manufactured for Howes Models Ltd, [Oxon]. I imagine there is no connection between Railmatch Paints and Railmatch Models beyond the retailer / supplier one.

Jerry

Thanks all - I've raised a complaint through Paypal as suggested.

I've been waiting for the rmweb to come back to life before posting. On Thursday I filed a complaint with Paypal, and in the post on Saturday came some of the paint I'd ordered but not all. I also received a full refund via Paypal, from the seller. Now I'd be happy to forward on the difference, if the seller had replied to either of my emails or voice mail, but they haven't. I've since ordered the paint from Howes, on Sunday, and received paint on Tuesday.? 

I have switched to Pheonix Paints, excellent paint and great guys running the company.

Railmatch? they do not deserve to be in business. I have never recieved any repies either by 'phone or email. IMHO their paint is not up to much either, it has inferior covering abilities and is too slow to dry.

Railmatch? they do not deserve to be in business. I have never recieved any repies either by 'phone or email. IMHO their paint is not up to much either, it has inferior covering abilities and is too slow to dry.

Jazz

Please note this thread is about Railmatch Models

A business that has NOTHING to do with Railmatch Paints (which, as detailed in the other thread, and above sells to Howes among other very reputable shops and model supplies outlets) and whose business is most certainly not in disrepute.

Of course your experience with Railmatch Paint is welcome information. But my own personal experience is quite the opposite - though I must admit not to claim any skills as a painter.

I just don't like to see a good business tarnished by the dubious business of a "sound alike". We should be careful before we start shooting the paint balls around ;)

Jazz

Please note this thread is about Railmatch Models

A business that has NOTHING to do with Railmatch Paints (which, as detailed in the other thread, and above sells to Howes among other very reputable shops and model supplies outlets) and whose business is most certainly not in disrepute.

Of course your experience with Railmatch Paint is welcome information. But my own personal experience is quite the opposite - though I must admit not to claim any skills as a painter.

I just don't like to see a good business tarnished by the dubious business of a "sound alike". We should be careful before we start shooting the paint balls around ;)

My apologies to Railmatch Models. I have never dealt or head of those erstwhile gentlemen.

Hello all!

I ordered some railmatch paint from Railmatch models towards the end of last month, but I've not hear anything back from them, other than my PayPal account has been debited. I've tried their email address, but not heard anything back. I've now noticed there isn't a phone number on their website to call.? 

TIA

Richard,

Just to clear up any confusion here. Did you order your Railmatch paint from Railmatch Paint or Railmatch Models? They are two entirely different companies,one being a long established paint supplier and the other being an Internet retailer who it would seem there may be some doubts about. In fairness this should be made clear as your thread could be critical of a company you have not dealt with. I appreciate that you have now received some items but to ensure that this thread is fair to all a reply would be appreciated.

Regards Mod5

Richard,

Just to clear up any confusion here. Did you order your Railmatch paint from Railmatch Paint or Railmatch Models? They are two entirely different companies,one being a long established paint supplier and the other being an Internet retailer who it would seem there may be some doubts about. In fairness this should be made clear as your thread could be critical of a company you have not dealt with. I appreciate that you have now received some items but to ensure that this thread is fair to all a reply would be appreciated.

Regards Mod5

For the record RAILMATCH MODELS was the company I tried to purchase the paint from (as the subject line suggests.)

Hope that clears that up.

Archived