Bromley Common: NSE era APA box layout.

Stevethomas6444

It has been a while since the last update! Where did this year go already?! 

Bromley Common in an APA box is no more I'm afraid and it is because of a few reasons. Main one is that I wanted to model something bigger for a SE London based layout and also I enjoy ongoing projects (once you finished an APA box layout, that's it really). Don't get me wrong, APA box layouts are fantastic and I've seen some that have really inspired me but for this particular layout, I wanted something a bit bigger. The box itself will be re-used for another project, maybe a small diorama or a tiny branch terminus, who knows? :)

Bromley Common 2.0 is in the planning stages, few plans have been drawn up and I'm deciding which one will be best. It will have a scenic area of 1190mm x 300mm which it can accommodate a small terminus station set in the leafy suburbs. I am not sure whether or not to add sidings or keep it simple and use Bromley North & Hayes (Kent) for inspiration. It will be set in 1993/4 during the NSE heydays.

It has one strict rule though, it needs to be built on a tight budget. This means scratch-building a lot and using spare bits and pieces from past/failed projects to keep building costs down. 

I may create a new thread for Bromley Common 2.0 :) 

Archived