Captain Cuttle's Work Bench

Hello,

Not been on here for ages because of different problems but still building various models. Just finished a Tower Warship [D812] and also painted and almost finished a kit that has been hanging around for twelve months or more, an MSL Class 77. Next got two EM1's to finish and a repaint on a Bachmann BG

post-1123-1264094757954_thumb.jpg

post-1123-1264094789931_thumb.jpg

Cheers

CC

very nice stuff CC - I like the Class 77 - an unusual partner for a Warship! But they are both great prototypes to model. I didn't realise they were 7mm 'till I opened the thread, as you have EM1s as well, will you be building a model of the 1500v MSW line?

Regards

CC,

Love your bogie frames on your 77, colour looks just right.

Scott

Scott,

I used Phoenix/Precision Frame Dirt as the main colour with a hint of Coal Black, here are some more photos

post-1123-12641819342698_thumb.jpgpost-1123-12641819994943_thumb.jpgpost-1123-12641820567066_thumb.jpgpost-1123-12641821477187_thumb.jpg

If you go to the old RM site on my Workbench you can see the earlier parts of the build. The chassis are from Pete Besant, the pantographs rebuilt in the same way as Brian Daniels did on his EM1 and the cab interiors scratch built in plasticard

Cheers

CC

very nice stuff CC - I like the Class 77 - an unusual partner for a Warship! But they are both great prototypes to model. I didn't realise they were 7mm 'till I opened the thread, as you have EM1s as well, will you be building a model of the 1500v MSW line?

Regards

Hi Dibateg,

No I dont think so, I actually model the Southern Region in 1960's and hope to build a Milk Depot but not at the moment. I tend to built models that I like for some reason or other, if you know what I mean even if they are a challenge and both of these were. The Warship is very heavy and let down by the cantrail grilles. I also found the windows very time consuming to do and hope PW will be doing a kit at some point. The EM2 involved a major reworking including the chassis, pantographs and interiors but it worked out ok and although the roof colour is'nt correct, it should be a sort of pale yellowy grey, I like the Electric blue livery. The nameplates etc are from Guilplates, excellent as usual

Cheers

CC

Cheers

CC

The Warship looks really nice Alan B) B) B).....Tower seem to have dropped it from there range now (which is a shame) :(

Phill :icon_wave:

Hi there Phill,

Thought you might like that one, expect you are waiting for JLTRT Warship kit?, did you get his Western kit at Telford last year

Cheers

CC

Hi there Phill,

Thought you might like that one, expect you are waiting for JLTRT Warship kit?, did you get his Western kit at Telford last year

Cheers

CC

Hi Alan :icon_wave:

Nah I'm not waiting for the JLTRT Warship( I have a Mageken & a Model Express Warship) although you cant have too much of a good thing :lol: , I got a Heljan 47 instead of another Western at Telford last year. I wouldnt mind a class 22 kit at some stage but to be honest I have quite a few kits to keep me busy.

I am considering a dabble in the world of DCC or Radio Control at the moment though :icon_wink:

Cheers Phill :icon_thumbsup2:

Hi,

The loco looks really good. I managed to snake in with one of the second run, and am plodding through it at the moment.

Did you put anything in the engine compartment as, with the large side windows, and no floor in the engine compartment I would fear that there would be too much daylight.

Does anyone have pictures of the engine compartments in any case?

Happy modelling

Stew

Archived