Egham & Staines Model Railway Society Exhibition Sat 25th Jan 2014

KingsCrossSuburban

The Egham & Staines Model Railway Club will be holding their bienniel Model Railway Exhibition at Manorcroft School, Wesley Drive, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9LX on Sat 25th January 2014

OPENING TIMES: 10.30am - 5.00pm (Last entry 4.30pm)

ADMISSION: Adults £5.00 Concessions £4.00 Children £2.50 Family £12.50

Layouts Attending

Carling Lake, HO
E&SMRS club layout. Canadian outline with working train barge.

Hummer Road, OO
E&SMRS club layout. British outline modern image, updated with the addition of a four platform through-station and freight yard.

Bridge 44, N
E&SMRS club layout. British outline set on the S&D in the Late 50’s / early 60’s.

Colnebourne, OO
E&SMRS club layout. British outline finescale layout under construction. First public outing.

Tennbridge Vale, TT
E&SMRS club layout. British outline with lots of detail to enjoy including accidents, hot air balloon, working signals and level crossing gates.

Egg 'n' Ham Green, OO
E&SMRS club novices layout for the younger visitors. See Thomas and some of his friends. First public outing.

Trumpers Halt, G Scale / Gauge 1
81c Model Railway Club, Stanwell. A garden style railway, with a mixture of live steam and electric operation. Inspired by the area of the same name near Southall in West London on the Brentford branch line.

Tor Halt, 16mm/32mm
A live steam layout using remote radio control by Mike Pearce, Paul Abbott & Bill Lupton based in Salisbury. Tor Halt is an imaginary 2 foot gauge railway, set somewhere in Southern Railway territory in Cornwall.

Clatterford, EM
East Ham (London) MRC club layout, based loosely on the former GE Station at Dunmow in Essex. Set in early BR days. A single track through branch line station with a fiddle yard at each end.

Traders Attending

Addlestone Models - Local model shop www.addlestone-models.co.uk

Squires Tools - Every tool you might need www.squirestools.com

Junction 10 Merchandising - Gift items www.junction-ten.co.uk

West Surrey Preservation Group - Collectable models

Pat Eeles – Collectable models

Barry Jones – Second hand

RCTS - Books www.rcts.org.uk

Pendon Museum - Information and display www.pendonmuseum.com

Great Cockrow Railway - Information and books www.cockcrow.co.uk

E&SMRS - Second hand www.esmrs.co.uk

E&SMRS - Prize draw table www.esmrs.co.uk

Please note that there won't be any trains to Egham on Saturday due to Network Rail engineering works. A replacement bus service will be available.

Hope to see you there!

Despite a few unexpected hurdles to overcome in the run up to the show, I thought it went well. However, although the morning seemed quite busy, things appeared to slow down a bit later in the day. I believe the attendance was down overall, no doubt not helped by local transport issues and perhaps the threat of wet weather. If any of you did make it, thankyou for your support.

There was a good mix of layouts for enthusiasts and families alike. The younger visitors seemed to enjoy them. There were a few changes to the line-up of layouts that I wasn't aware of at the time of my original post.

I will try to upload a few photos later, when I have sorted them out.

Cheers,

Archived