RhB Bernina - Choosing 12 mm track.

Hi all,

Quick question.

For a RhB Bernina setting, which track would you advise and why ?

Please take in account :

looks, avalable options, adaptability like flexi points, quality, price, availability.

Brands :

Bemo H0m, Peco H0m, Tillig H0m and even Tillig TT.

All of course 12 mm, for meter gauge at 1:87 (3.5mm/ft).

Regards, Michel

Hi Dutch Master,

Thanks for your qquick and thorough respons.

It's good to read about these differences.

I think I will wait until Intermodellbau, where I can certainly check all 3/4 options in the flesh, to make up my mind.

In the meantime, I will check availability and compare prices.

Tillig TT I meant the Elite range, not the one with plastic trackbed.

I'm still a modeller ;)

The layout will be a permanent home based one, due to size, height and shape, plus I hate the seams between segments.

Thanks for the invite, I will look into "things Swiss model railways" in the Netherlands, and make up my mind what I want with clubs/groups of people.

Regards, Michel

Ok :) I have considered a number of options; 3mm Soc gauges and a mixture of copper clad and wooden sleepers, a fasttracks jig bit rather expensive. Making my own jigs and spiking the lot. So interested to see your take on it. I am still at baseboard planning mode and building a little way off as funds tight at the moment.. good luck and looking forward to any pics you may take.

• 1 year later...
  • Bemo: you have 2 options here, the standard Code 80 and the re-branded Shinohara Code 70. If you plan on modules, use neither for the transition area. Once laid they're both fine, but some points can be out of gauge slightly (I have a Code 70 double slip which isn't entirely in gauge and causes derailments). Code 80 represents the modern mainline track. It's not correct for RhB-outline, but looks the best of all options.

Is Bemo code 80? Everywhere seems to mention code 70, or code 100.

Thanks.

Agreed with horsetan.

I used bemo track on my layout & I can't grumble they do the job & they do most turnouts & crossings.

Winco is your only shop in the uk that stocks Bemos range of track but can be out of stock for most things.

Simon

Bemo offers Code 70 and 80, not 100. It may look like that, but I'm 100% certain it's Code 80: I measured it ;) Code 70 is the Shinohara track; fragile, especially if used intensively. Code 80 track is subject to plastic ageing, with brittleness as result.

Ahh thank you. Its just looking at suppliers, they mention code 100. :) Maybe they have all mistakenly copied the same article. :)

http://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/produkt/Bemo/37-11-0-27629-007002-0-0-0-0-2-0-grp-gb-p-0/ein_produkt.html

You recommend the code 80?

Archived