RISEX 2014 Model Railway Exhibition - 22nd February

ANT

RISEX 2014 Model Railway Exhibition

Presented by Risborough & District Model Railway Club

Saturday 22nd of February 2014

Admission: Adult £3.00, Child £2.00

10.00am - 5.00pm

Community Centre(adjacent to Springs swimming pool), Wades Park, Stratton Road, Princes Risborough, Bucks, HP27 9AX
The whole of the Community Centre in Princes Risborough is taken over one day in the spring each year. Allowing local modellers to display their layouts and model making.

Light refreshments will be available including LOTS of HOMEMADE CAKES.

Disabled access available.

See our Club Website for more details: http://www.rdmrc.org.uk

Thanks
SEEYA
ANT

• RMweb Gold

This will be Star Lane's  second outing albeit no where near as far away as its first!

We are having a working session on it in my parents garage this Sunday to test out the modifications done by the owner and builder since the last show including, hopefully a new lighting system..

Looking forward to this show in a few weeks time.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Kirkmellington is prepared as far as can be for its debut. There are still many jobs to complete over the coming moths but the basics are in place after furious scenery building, painting and sawing. During this final week, I have a few more locos to convert to EM though weathering etc will have to wait. The Sentinel needs coupling bars adding and all loco wheels cleaning. It's then just a case of assembling the parts on Friday and hopefully standing back, taking a deep breath and being happy with my creation.

A few sample pics of buildings assembled by Caley439 that will be on the layout

post-7035-0-73051600-1392663986_thumb.jpg

post-7035-0-21998600-1392663988_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

We have all been working on our own stock for STAR LANE's second outing this weekend.

Some new items of stock and numerous modifications to others.

Hopefully the two Bullied light pacific s that I am bringing will run better this time (one was wrongly wired for DC so could not run in multiple).

We have discussed adding water and pumps that are currently just North of the real fly over at Star Lane on the Redhill lines but think we will keep the layout clear of water!!

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Ian

Hello All

Just to remind you as David Big Cheeseplant has pointed out, that he will have available Adult Advance Tickets for Railex 2014 for you to purchase from him for the cost of £7 each, cash only and if possible exact amount please.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Hello

Just of to help setup tonight for tomorrow.

I hope to see some of you there, I will be on the Clubs Second-hand stall, when I am not showing round the Mayor.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

• RMweb Gold

Another superb RISEX. Very well attended and food excellent. The daemon drizzle made a superb desert.

We certainly enjoyed bringing Star Lane which generally worked well when we weren't making operator mistakes.

Thanks RISEX team for inviting us and feeding us well. A photo taken near the close of the show.

Ian

post-1557-0-95381400-1393093708_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

As ever an excellent little show - well small in area but big in content and style, as always.  Kirkmellington colliery screens look even better 'in the flesh' than in the  pics above and I was pleased to see that the spamcan was outperforming the electrics on Star Lane ;) .  Good too to see, and chat to, a number familiar faces from RMweb and I think it should be recorded that ANT appeared to be doing a very competent looking job of guiding the Mayor through the hordes.

Alas no cakes for me as I'd got a nice breakfast out in the town but I did get the two Railex tickets I needed - always a very useful facility at this show.

I can only echo the above comments. I and my crew had a really excellent day out with 13th Street Yard, well looked after and fed by the host club. Some great chats with the visitors and some lovely layouts to view. Trade was good too.

Congratulations to all who organised the show.

John

Well and interesting and happy day for us behind Kirkmellington. Many thanks to Adrian and R&D MRC for the chance to show the layout and to the club for the support, lunch (and cakes) and brews.

We have learnt a lot, had deep and meaningful discussions with many and a laugh to boot, by far and a way the aim of the hobby. The other layouts and traders were good to see when we managed to sneak away from the layout. Hopefully our layout did not let the side down even with the unfinished bits.

A video of typical operations is available:

Hello

I would just like to thank everyone who came along to support Risex 2014, whether operating a layout, running a trade stand, one of our demos, plus we could not do it without our many visitors, which made the show a success.

The Mayor was very impressed, and had many questions about the layouts, which I think that I managed to answer. 

There will be a photo of the Mayor, our club President and me in the Bucks Herald out on Wednesday.

I managed to take some photos during the day, but was unable to get to all layouts.

A couple of 13th Street Yard

post-7053-0-27143500-1393257240_thumb.jpg

post-7053-0-21465300-1393257256_thumb.jpg

The next one is Dawes Creek

post-7053-0-84638100-1393257292_thumb.jpg

Then the night time Lambeth Road

post-7053-0-70580800-1393257330_thumb.jpg

Followed by Factory Lane Sidings

post-7053-0-20650400-1393257372_thumb.jpg

Then Obwalden

post-7053-0-29379800-1393257408_thumb.jpg

A shot of Sandown on the Isle of Wight