If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from the US

Spitfire2865

Hello everyone. Though Im not completely new to RMweb, and I have had my bit of dabbling around already, I figured Id write a little bit in here.

Im from the USA, and while that phrase does ring warning bells to some, I can assure you Im nothing to be worried about.

Ive been interested in trains my entire life, almost entirely due to my grandfather, and I have persevered regardless of any "uncoolness" my society puts on modeling hobbies.

My experience in model railroading comprises of 3rail O gauge, American N and HO scale, and most recently 4mm scale.

One thing I love about British modeling is the emphasis on building, not just running. Ive always found it fun to build things rather than just buy them, or at least do something to something youve bought to make it unique and yours.

So I hope you all welcome me into such an extensive site and community.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Spitfire and welcome to RMweb,

(Yes I know you've been here a short while already but hey, I welcome people!)

Building because of the lack of choice, (to buy), in the past AND because you get a great sense of achievement when it's done.

(Plus the fact that there is so much none-standard stuff to model. Even the Standard stuff has tonnes of mods!)

Which part of the USA are you from/reside?

We have quite a North American contingent on here.

Anyways, enjoy your stay,

Kev.

• RMweb Gold

Im in central New York for college, but Im from downstate, closer to New York City.

Hi Spitfire,

I drove from Newark Airport to Fishkill, in September 2001, and worked there for four weeks or so.

The 'Fall' was in full colour and the drive up the Hudson, past West Point, was amazing.

I would recommend that drive to anyone.

What a lovely part of the world,

Kev.

Hi Spitfire,

I drove from Newark Airport to Fishkill, in September 2001, and worked there for four weeks or so.

The 'Fall' was in full colour and the drive up the Hudson, past West Point, was amazing.

I would recommend that drive to anyone.

What a lovely part of the world,

Kev.

Yes the Hudson river is very beautiful. Ive taken a train up and down it a number of times in the past 6 months.

Archived