F J ROCHE SCALE WAGON DRAWINGS.

taw

I have inherited a file of F.J.ROCHE scale wagon drawings.

They date from June 1949, and are fully detailed with all dimensions, I would think of particular interest to scratch builders, or modellers who wish to add detail to a wagon. They show full details of the chassis, wagon tops, etc, a wealth of information.

I have from G100 throgh to G133, too many to list in detail.

I do not know if this is the complete series, so if any member knows, please get in touch, as it would be nice to add to it if there are items missing.

They are 4mm scale drawings,

They wee originally sold as individual sheets, IIRC through Peco, I remember buying a few sheets in the 50s from Tyldesley and Holbrook in Manchester, an interesting shop on Deansgate that was a gents tailors with a model shop upstairs.

As Miss Prism indicates these were later published by Ian Allan in book form as 'Scale Wagon Drawings', there was a similar book of loco drawings also by Roche, very well drawn but do contain some notorious errors. The books are often seen on eBay and in second hand sales.

Ian Allan also did a similar book on coaches but they were not by Roche.

Keith

PS I'm pretty sure the book contained the complete set of wagon drawings.

I do not know if this is the complete series, so if any member knows, please get in touch, as it would be nice to add to it if there are items missing.

It looks to me like the contents of

post-18627-0-58213900-1392307349_thumb.jpg

Which had 34 drawings, if they are 4mm drawings it's  likely to be that set.

RIGHT - IN VIEW OF MR COOMBE BARTON'S COMMENT, I WILL NOT NOW BE MAKING COPIES AVAILABLE.

To answer other questions, they are gwr, sr, lms, ne, and are jnclude. plain and private owners,

The drawings are 4mm to the foot.

Peter 220950 , thank you for your post. I have 34 drawings in 4 mm scale now I check, but without the cover you show, so it appears complete, which is good news.

With apologies for the clanger one and all,  as my mate will tell me when he sees it, it was a third pint idea.

I think some of these have been published in an Ian Allan book a long time ago. Looks like you may have inherited a larger selection.

P.S. Please amend the title of this thread!

SORRY I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

I THINK IT BEST I CONTACT WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE AND ASK HIM TO DELETE IT ENTIRELY.

Archived