Tea and Trains, Askrigg March 8 2014

clecklewyke

Clecklewyke will be at Scalefour North on 12/13 April for its first outing in enlarged form on its new underpinnings. Since I do not have room to set it up in this way in my model railway room we are having a trial run in Askrigg Village Hall on 8th March at 2.30 - 4.30 pm.

post-4908-0-70071100-1392901470_thumb.jpgpost-4908-0-13545700-1392902178_thumb.jpg

With only one layout this does not count as a proper exhibition, so we are running it as "Tea and Trains", offering an afternoon tea (Tea/coffee and cakes/biscuits) @£2.50, with the railway as an added attraction, aimed at the local "coffee morning" crowd and tourists. The income will pay for the hall hire, with any surplus going to local charities.

It's a long shot but if you happen to be in Wensleydale on 8th March do come and say hello!

• 2 weeks later...

I've only just seen this but I shall definitely be making the epic trip all the way from Patrick Brompton.

See you there.

Brian

Epic? Yes, Patrick Brompton's nearly in Teeside.

I look forward to seeing this foreigner but hope he doesn't think he's going to a real model railway exhibition - there will only be one layout there, and a small one at that!

But the tea and scones should be good.

Ian

Archived