Request for advice - Railroad&Co software

martinray

I want to attach an accessory decoder to my software so that I can trigger functions (up to 4) depending on a condition (e.g. signal turning from red to green). The aim is to link the decoder to a sound device (Dream Player Pro)  to play various station-related  sounds. 

I use the Silver version of TrainController and can't see how to make this work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Martin

• RMweb Gold

For something like this to be triggered via a signal, then the signal itself needs to be DCC-controlled and operated by TrainController.  Then one way of linking the signal to your chosen accessory is to use a flagman whose trigger is the signal changing to green.  You can include conditions on what happens when the flagman is triggered, and thus can control what operations it performs.  And there's no problem with having multiple flagmen for the same trigger, each with different conditions on their actions.

Never tried it, but I've an idea RR&Co can play sounds directly from the PC triggered by events like this.

Edwin, you are right. I have learned this in the last couple of days.

In brief, you create a sound file, set up a trigger, the execute the sound file.

Martin

• 1 year later...

Can someone help me sort out a wiring problem with Lenz LH 100 ver 3.6 and Railroad & Co ( Bronze) please.

I have got RR working it that I can run trains and operate 15 points ( Traintronics TT 300 type). Been a real learning curve but slowly understanding to system, the next step is to get ready for automation etc and establishing the blocks. I have an LDT 8 block detection which I need to wire in to my layout the wiring detail from LDT looks simple enough to follow but I am confused as to wether I can use the single wire connection - why does it show either single or double wire options?

Additionally I have a host of droppers fitted to the track whilst I understand that tha a LDT system gives location feedback via current drawn by passing trains etc will the location / number of droppers interfere with its process of detection. I simple terms do I have to remove any of the droppers to avoid interaction.

This is my first post on rweb so I hope that I have got the right topic area.

Many thanks

Ted

• RMweb Gold

You only need to feed one rail through the LDT - that's how I've wired my layout.  However you do need to connect both J and K terminals to the bus for each pair of 4 detectors on the LDT (IN1 and IN2).  Each block needs to be isolated form adjacent blocks using IRJs so that the rail for that block is only fed by LDT detector, and not via rail joiners from elsewhere.

Archived