Model Railway Structures

wizmacnz

Following on quickly from the three platform three track bridge is the three platform four track bridge. Ideal for the larger station. Currently only available in N Scale from Shapeways at US$29.

attachicon.giffootbridge 4.jpg

attachicon.gif625x465_16406283_9611802_1478664090.jpg

Would love to see this kit available in 00....as I am wishing to source a three platform footbridge...

Regards

Bob

The footbridges are available in OO scale, but I'm afraid they are pretty expensive. The 3D print bureau Shapeways charges by volume in the print machine as one of the key price driving factors and although it doesn't use that much printed material the volume drives the price high. 

The idea of making it in components to put together yourself is a good idea, and could reduce costs. It would require me to make some design changes and probably require printing in a different material that will take strong glue joints.

For those with bulging wallets, here is the link to the OO scale model.  

https://www.shapeways.com/product/SKBVBSYJ8/footbridge-type-4-oo-scale

post-18634-0-88681000-1485335258.jpg

Edited by wizmacnz

• 1 year later...

I've been very quiet here of late. Well actually I'm shocked that it's been more than 18 months since I last posted anything.  The "day job" has been a bit all consuming.  I have been doing a bit of modelling for 3D printing. Mainly in response to specific requests.  Everything that I model for a specific person is subsequently available for anyone to buy, so I don't charge any premium for producing a custom design. So go ahead and ask!

Most recent request was for some chimney pots for Metcalfe Terraced Houses.

post-18634-0-99947200-1537783329.jpg

• Like 2