DMR kits and parts range

Another one destined to disappear, like Sharman Wheels did?

Hope Mike Russell's alright; there was a period where he clearly wasn't very well. Perhaps ill-health precipitated the sale of the business?

As the owner of the Sharman range of wheels is a friend through the club, he has told me a little of the problems with moulds etc. for Sharman Wheels. If you also knew these problems, you wouldn't be surprised they'd disappeared, you'd be amazed they lasted as long as they did!

It would be as well to remember that after Mike Sharman sold the wheels, they went to someone in North Wales (I forget his name) and London Road Models before they ended up with Precision, and neither of the previous companies could do anything to enhance the range, so I would suggest blaming Precision for the range disappearing slurs their name in an unfair way.

Phil

It would be as well to remember that after Mike Sharman sold the wheels, they went to someone in North Wales (I forget his name) and London Road Models before they ended up with Precision, and neither of the previous companies could do anything to enhance the range, so I would suggest blaming Precision for the range disappearing slurs their name in an unfair way.

Unfair it may be and not down to Precicion probably though I don't think that was what was being suggested.

For all the problems that exist with the molds now it doesn't get away from the fact that Sharman wheels were possibly the best that used to be available and at a reasonably competitive cost. We can continue to mourn their loss and lack of replacement. There remains only AG and Romford (both of which have downsides but at least have a big range and actually are available. Everything else is for the re-fined marked and priced accordingly.

Still I always like good news and the OP certainly is.

Archived