• RMweb Gold

Hi

I started planning my layout Garston Bridge a few months ago and I've started laying the points and fitting point motors, but I thought before I get to far ahead, could anyone please give some suggestions for the positions of signals.

The layout is based on the line between Crewe and Liverpool somewhere around the Garston Speke area in the late 1960's so I'd be looking at using colour light signals with maybe one semaphore on the holding siding exit road. Looking at the track plan Liverpool is to the left, and from top to bottom are the Up Slow, Up Fast, Down Fast and Down Slow. The line branching off to the top left hand corner heads to an off scene marshalling yard, and the line at the very bottom to the right leads to on and off scene holding sidings.

Sorry if the track plan and description are a bit confusing, but thanks in advance to anyone who can pass on any advice.

Many thanks

Paul

post-18716-0-18131900-1395395056_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Are you using OHLE ? - all the running signals in the area were replaced by colour lights in the 1960s when this was introduced, ground signals remained as discs though. If you aren't then we can change history.

• RMweb Gold

Are you using OHLE ? - all the running signals in the area were replaced by colour lights in the 1960s, ground signals remained as discs though.

Hi Beast

At the moment I'm not but the plan is to have OHLE eventually as the prototype, so I'll probably instal the masts ready but not the wires just jet.

Many thanks

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Paul,

I'm working away for a week, if no-one has helped in the meantime drop me a pm next weekend to remind me and I'll draw something for you.

Cheers beast

That would be great and many thanks again.

Paul

Archived