Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

New member from Virginia

seven8n2

Hi everyone,

I'm another 7/8" scale builder in Virginia US.  I stumbled over this community while looking for photos of SAR steel wagons since I am in the process of building several DZ and B6 open wagons.  I have been modeling in 7/8" scale about 20 years, primarily Maine two foot railways, as well as being a designer of rolling stock kits and trucks in this scale.  My recent interest has got me leading a group build of the Lawley 4-4-0 locomotive, and of course I wanted some SAR rollings stock.  I like working in metal, particularly laser cut steel, and am  building SAR wagons in metal.   I don't have a lot to show at this point, but a pic attached shows one of the 25 ft wagon frames made with brass channel.  To get close to the correct sizes I slit 9/16" and 5/8" square brass tube to make channels, and it is soft soldered together.

This community is huge and it will take me a while to look around and see all the interesting stuff.

Regards,

Steve King

post-22514-0-23024700-1396752870_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve and welcome,

I don't know much (ok anything) about SAR, DZ or B6's but from what you have shown so far - I like.  :)

Enjoy our stay (over here) in RMweb land.

Kev.

Archived