GWR Wagon Transfers

Looking at the HMRS sheet 11, all I can see is a pair of "G.W.R." transfers. This is unfortunately from squinting at the screen so I'm hoping that someone can confirm. Are there really only two "G.W.R."s on the sheet? If that is the case can anyone tell me where I can get larger quantities per sheet?

Thanks

Edit: I'm seeing a sheet of Fox transfers that has what I'm looking for. Would still appreciate an answer on the HMRS sheet though.

There are in fact, 4 in white, 2 in yellow and 2 in red, which doesn't exactly help you. GWR was used on wagons during the Broad Gauge period and from the 1880's to 1904. Perhaps it was thought that not enough people would be modelling that period to justify including more on the sheet.

There are in fact, 4 in white...

You're quite right, I'd missed the two horizontal ones next to the banana van spots as I've already used them on each of my four sheets :scratchhead:

I've now only one pair left of the vertical ones at bottom centre of one sheet.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the pre 1904 ones are what I'm after. Looks like Fox it is then. Sheet FRH4125 seems to have several. Planning on some nice red wagons...

I'm pleased you are joining the 'red wagons' fraternity :)

Have you decided whether to go for 'all red' or 'red with black underframes'?  I was originally in the 'all red' camp but, having looked at the following photo, the underframes look much darker than the wagon sides.  Of course, I've no idea if these wagons were red but they have L.H.  'G.W..R' markings (one on the solebar), so seem to be fairly early.

post-19820-0-12457800-1398001040.jpg

Mike

I'm not so sure...

Yes the ones in the foreground look to have darker frames, but the ones in the background do not. Perhaps tge darkness in thr foreground is shadow?

Regards

Duncan

You may well be right but the solebar lettering looks very bright.  I hope you convince me, as my own models are currently 'all red'

Mike

• 1 month later...

I'm going to revive this since we are already discussing red wagons...

Any thoughts of Mink roof colour? Post 1904 they were white. Is that reasonable for pre-1904 as well? Pictures seem to show that the roof is lighter than the body...

Archived