MORLEY Controllers Southport

Stevelewis

Apologies  if  this  topic  is  not  correctly  located  as  although  a Manufacturer  Morley Controllers  is  also sell their  products  direct to the consumer.

I was looking  to  buy  a  new controller/power unit as  the Gaugemaster model  D I use  for  pre digital testing of locos  is  getting  a  bit long in the  tooth now. ( I bought it  well before  I  started to use DCC and  that  was  around 16yrs  ago)

Not  having  had   much to  do with analogue  for  all that  time,  I wondered whether  to buy  anothe  Model D or not  but  recalled  reading  ads for Morley Controllers and  reading  a  positve  review some years  back,  thanks to info recvd  from RMWeb forum,  I went  ahead  and   ordered a  Vector  Zero Two!

late  on Tuesday last  and it  was  delivered to me  late this afternoon (Thursday)

Having  given it  a  quick test  it  seems to be an excellenct product  for  the  £69.00  you  get  a  twin  track controller,  together  with 2  hand   held controllers with 2+metre cords  these allow a bit  of  additional movement  away from the  main unit as an alternative to using  the control Knobs on the unit.

Theres is  also  a  built in CDU for  solenoid point motors as  well.

This  unit  will also be  used on an 0e layout I am building which does not  actually need to be digital!

Photos attached  (one includes a Gaugemaster  hand held unit  just to give an impression of the size of the Vector)

Should add also  I have  no connection  with  Morley  www.morleycontrollers.com

post-10539-0-98433800-1397162729.jpg

post-10539-0-76711900-1397162756.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

I have one of these and they are very good, the only thing i found with them is the do not like shorts and i had to send mine back as it blow on one side, mind you the are very nice and smooth for running.

Archived