eckon colour-light signal kits

orcadian

I'm thinking of possibly getting some Eckon signal kits by mail-order before CCH stop supplying directly to modellers at the end of February.

Please can someone tell me what skills are involved in assembling these kits? Are they brass, another metal or plastic for the non-electrical parts?

Apologies if this sort of query should have been posted elsewhere!

thanks in advance!

Richard

Hi Richard

The posts are (I think) aluminium and the rest is plastic. The leds are pre-wired and resistors for 12v operation are supplied. Assembly is straightforward using solvent and impact adhesive. They do require painting. You will need to do your own signal numbers, however, as these are not supplied.

Hi Richard

The posts are (I think) aluminium and the rest is plastic. The leds are pre-wired and resistors for 12v operation are supplied. Assembly is straightforward using solvent and impact adhesive. They do require painting. You will need to do your own signal numbers, however, as these are not supplied.

No great difference but the ones I have are brass posts, they are easy to put together and with a little care make good models. I'd not heard about CCH stopping direct sales but they're fairly easily obtainable from the model trade.

Big red print across the top of the CCH advert in February's 'RM' (page 64a) - Eckon and Berko will then be handled via Gaugemaster Controls plc.

Thanks for the info about the materials and ease of construction - I think I can cope with these! better put my order in!

Richard

Archived