Airthrey Park in print and on tour

gridwatcher

A big thank you to Chris Leigh, Richard, Ben Jones (now departed to hereabouts) and Chris Nevard and Andrew(s) plural for the excellent article and photography for Airthrey Park article. It is a long time since APv1.0 appeared in REx and never before had the full extended layout and the 1993 fleet appeared in print before. Cheers chaps! For those who might be interested Airthrey Park will appear at Rail Ex North East at North Shields in August 2014. Come and see us!! Photos 3 and 4 courtesy of Mr Nevard and not used by MR

post-657-0-29082900-1397386810_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-40289400-1397386861_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-61058800-1397386948_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-21833700-1397386957_thumb.jpg

I'm a steam fan myself but I do appreciate skilful modelling - superb work - might tempt me to have a few early diesel devices on my projected MPD layout!! Thank you for the inspiration, this model is a credit to all at Stirling who worked on it and will probably result in me buying MR (been trying to cut down on mag. expenditure!).

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

I accompanied my Daughter to an open day at Stirling University a couple of weeks ago, as we were crossing the bridge from the accomodation blocks to the main block the guide told us that we were crossing the man made Airthrey Loch, (cue thought - "that name sounds very familiar")!!

Jim

Certainly one of my favourite layouts and I've not even seen it 'in the flesh' as it were, hope to one day, though.

Come on the train to Newcastle for RailEx North East in August at North Shields and have a drive of the layout. You are more than welcome!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived