freelance 009 2-6-4

IGRL

Thanks for you kind comments.

Recently I have spent much time translating for people shouting at each other and I find this or jewelry making good for stress relief! I am saddened by modelling turning into computer generated plastic models that look like corrugated iron!

I suspect that soon, any kid will be able to point some sort of scanner at anything they fancy and then 3D print it: no doubt soon in colour too!

I do everything just about with Dremel tools, slitting discs (thin) sanding discs and little burrs. I avoid hand tools like the plague. I also wear out a Dremel tool a loco! I am glad you like my work. Thanks.

Today is the 4th day on this project, BTW.

Thank you Jeff. I cut out all the bits with a Dremel and slitting disc. I also do have a 'bit box' of unused etches which I use if available. The dome was made by building up blobs of solder on a brass rod and spinning it in the Dremel using it as a lathe!

Recently I have spent much time translating for people shouting at each other and I find this or jewelry making good for stress relief! I am saddened by modelling turning into computer generated plastic models that look like corrugated iron!

I suspect that soon, any kid will be able to point some sort of scanner at anything they fancy and then 3D print it: no doubt soon in colour too!

I notice  Hattons  are  now  listing  a  3D Printer!

I notice that  HATTONS  are  listing  a 3D printer now!

Apologies  for  the  duplication

Valve gear is all complete. I managed to break the return crank on the LHS and had to fabricate a metal one. The loco runs completely freely. A but more detailing on the chassis and then cab details and pipe runs under the body plus injectors, of course.

44m.jpg

45m.jpg

Archived