If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Happy Easter Everybody

Iron Horse

Hi there, Adrian here :)

Well I've been lurking for a while after a friend pointed me in this direction and have had a few posts in the prototype discussions forum but I thought it was about time to say hello properly.

I grew up in the Oxford area and did a fair bit of modelling as a kid, but no layout ever seemed to get past laying track and running trains and with the lure of 50 bashing in their final years I certainly didn't develop any fine tuned modelling skills. Then as I got off the final 50 railtour at Paddington and got my Southern Region unit to my new home on the South Coast basically everything stopped.

Even moving to Crewe 10 years ago didn't pull any old time memories, but then some changes happened family wise last year and I seemed to have an empty space in my life. So the old Lima loco's at my Dad's came out, all my old photo's came out, the number books came out and after negotiations with my 4 year old daughter I was allowed to build a small layout in the corner of her room. It's compromised for sure but it's been like a breath of fresh air for me. The Lima stuff all seems to work but I have put that mainly aside to eventually practice airbrushing/repainting/weathering and have been lucky enough to go down the DCC route and have the ability to play with some Hornby/Bachmann stuff...........even model railway stuff is cheaper than keeping a 57 year old VW Camper on the road!!!!!!!

I'm loving looking at all your inspiration stuff but can't see myself posting up a layout thread as my modelling skills are very limited and I'm sure wouldn't be of interest to many, however hopefully you won't mind my comments on yours.

Anyway, thanks for taking time to read this, Happy Easter and keep up all the good work :sungum:

Hi Adrian,

I would like to first of all welcome you to Rm web .. I am also a newbie to this site and it's a great source not only for inspirations but also to chat to other modellers experienced or new starters.

As far as your comment regarding you felt your modelling was limited and that you would probably not post on here .. I have always felt that when it come to this Wonderful & Rewarding hobby .. Now I cant speak for everybody when I say this, But the only way to improve is : "We Share, We Learn .. And then we Grow".

Which is most important, because if we didn't then how could we teach ourselves or the younger generation about our Great hobby.

Further more what possible future would there be or not be for model railways?.

Good luck to you Adrian and I do hope to one day see some pictures of a project be it a wagon, coaches or loco's. Even a layout maybe?.

I would be willing to offer any help or advice if I can :good: 

Best Wishes and Kind Regards

Dan

Archived