dead frog single slip

davet

Hi I've just bought a peco dead frog single slip unfortunately there was no information on how it should be wired for dc operation.  Do I wire it as  a live frog slip, from the middle? Can anyone help, thanks

Hello Dave

As Brian says no special wiring for the Single Slip but you will probably need to make it into its own 'Electrical Section' if you plan to use it in a double track formation with more than one controller.

I bought a single slip to replace a diamond crossing because the single slip has better runing qualities than the dead frogs on the diamond.  If you look at the pictures on the link you will see that I have used nylon rail joiners to create a separate Section for the length of track with the single slip.   There is also a dedicated Single Pole Double Throw (Centre Off) switch on the control panel - immediately adjacent to the diagram of the single sllip.

Regards

Ray

Thanks Ray that is exactly what I thought I would have to do be nice with no wiring though as Brian says I can do. Fantastic bit of kit very neat can hardly see the dead parts of the point.  British? engineering at its best.

Thanks Dave

I think Peco do a good job.  It is not their fault that Frank Hornby decided to manufacture 4mm scale models to run on 16.5mm track.  Life could have been quite a lot different if Trix Twin had been more popular and the UK had standardised on 3.5mm scale.

With regards to my single slip there is a video here on YouTube which I made when somebody asked how sharp the left turn is!  It is very abrupt when all the other points are 3 or 5ft radius.

Have fun

Regards

Ray

Archived