O Gauge Guild Summer Show

two tone green

Hi,

The O Gauge Guild Summer Show is fast looming with it being held on Saturday 31st May.

Guild Summer Show 2014 - Cleckheaton Date: Saturday, 31st May 2014 10.00am to 4.00pm Location: Whitcliffe Mount Sports Centre, Turnsteads Avenue, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, BD19 3AQ Price: £5 members, £7 non members

Any other RM Web members going. I have got some nice goodies to collect so definitely won't be missing it.

As a non "GOG" member I spent quite some time yesterday looking for an organised web entry that would allow me to see which layouts and traders would be present, but I had to give up. Did I miss something, or is it a "top secret" show, or has something since appeared to inform we mere mortals of what's on offer?

You are not the only one to have commented on that. Even  major trader who is attending said to me its odd that there seems to be little in the way of whats on.

But as far as I know its on and all the traders who I have been dealing with over the past two weeks are still going.

Just a quick copy and paste from the guild site;Trade Show, Guild Services, Sales, Demonstrations: Figure painting - Ruth Redgwick, Signals - Derek Mundy, Painting and Lining - Warren Haywood, Wagon weathering - Owen Smith, Trees - Charles Shearn, Loco Clinic, TEC helpdesk, Anatomy of a layout - Gordon Humphris, Coach Building Keighley O Gauge. Layouts attending: East Midlands Test Track Ridsdale - NE steam from Steve Robinson - Back complete next year. Gallowgate - Scaleseven in small space from Ian Futers. Bolton Priory - The North eastern near York from Geoff Holmes. Redwood Lumber Company - On30 From Charles Oldroyd. Lydgate - The Club layout of the Huddersfield RMS.

Hope that helps :)

• Sat 31st May 2014
  • inf_14x14.gif Gauge 0 Guild Ltd - Summer Show
  • Whitcliffe Sports Centre, Tunsteads Avenue, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire BD19 3AQ

OPENING TIMES:  SAT 10.00am to 4.00P.M.

ADMISSION:  Adults £7.00       

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE VENUE HAS MOVED FROM HALIFAX AS OF 2013. Members are admitted at reduced rate of £5.00 and all tickets admit purchaser, partner and up to two children. The Guild test track will attend, in addition to FIVE layouts, the Demonstrations will include the Loco Clinic. Refreshment facilities and car parking arrangements are being revised by the hall management in the light of our first visit to the hall last year

Based upon our positive experience of the last minute change of venue to Cleckheaton in 2013, we were encouraged by all concerened to make a second booking for 2014. The venue is a stones throw from J 26 of the M62. There is no easy Rail access to the site, but adequate parking and bus services are available. 2014 will see additional provision for disabled badgeholders. Arriva Bus passes the door of the complex. Service 255 runs from Halifax stand B4 at 30 mins past the hour and from Leeds stand 13 at 23 and 53 minutes past the hour. Check with Arriva that no timetable changes have been made since time of writing.

L:6
    T:60
    CS
    Md
    icon_fp.gificon_ref.gif

List of Traders Attending :  

• There over sixty Traders attending, all of whom are selling specifically 0 Gauge items of every description.
  • List of Layouts Attending : There over sixty Traders attending, all of whom are selling specifically 0 Gauge items of every description.  
  • Guild Test Track ( Double track 2 Rail F/Scale )

Lydgate;

Redwood Lumber Co ( 0n30 )

Bolton Priory ; Geoff Holmes, Skipton & Dist R.S

Gallowgate ( Scale Seven )

Ridsdale by Ian Futers

No facilities for live steam

• List of Demonstrations :   List of Other Displays : Derek Mundy, Bespoke Semaphore Signalling

Ruth Redgwick, Figure Painting

Charlie Shearn and his trees

Gordon Humphries with coach building

Owen Smith wagon building and weathering

The Loco Clinic Team of Nigel Smith,

John Edwards and Peter Sylvester  

• The Executor and Trustee Department of the Guild Will Have Their Stock of Items For Sale, from the Estates of Deceased Members.

There Will be a Bring and Buy Stand Which Caters For Items For Sale from the Members Attending on the Day. Items For Sale Must be Registered on Arrival.

•  

• RMweb Premium

I recommend f&c @ The Mermaid off A650 in Morley but frankly you're spoilt for choice in that area, beef dripping fried heaven...

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had fish and chips today, as per Friday ritual, in Grimsby where the customers tend to be fairly discerning regarding the quality of fish and chips, so I'd have to be persuaded that the quality in Cleckheaton was pretty exceptional in order to want fish and chips again tomorrow. For a start it would have to be fresh haddock, none of your cod rubbish...

Anyway, I think fish and chips must be as far off-topic in the exhibitions forum as cake was when York show was discussed a few weeks ago, so I'll emphasize that it is actually the model railway show that I'm looking forward to and which I consider to be important.

• RMweb Premium

Its not off topic, there is a long standing symbiotic relationship between model rail shows and fish & chips, esp in West Yorkshire, Wakefield, Brigus, Leeds etc

Dava

Dava

Archived