Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Exhibition Plaques

I am organising a small exhibition in September (watch the calendar!), and was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction to get hold of the plaques that exhibitors can place on their layout to show they have attended and exhibited. My local DIY store only do brass ones that work out at about £4.00 each, but I have seen them done in plastic, which should be cheaper. Thanks

If you design your own badge and download it onto a dongle. You can use the font of your choice along with the colour etc. Then you can take it along to your supplier of choice and they should be able to work from it. I have used this method on several occasions including a request for a larger version, on sticky back vinyl to be used as a layout name-board on it's lighting fascia. I used a local sports trophy manufacturer, who incidentally, engraves the local model railway club "silver ware".

As always, I hope this helps. 

• RMweb Gold

At the Mansfield Show we use these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blank-Photo-Fridge-Magnets-Packs-1-5-10-25-Large-Jumbo-Acrylic-Clear-/230741842160?pt=UK_Collectables_Kitchenalia_RL&var=&hash=item7b6917dac1

I lay out an image etc in MS Publisher and print on a cheap laser printer. Bonus is that if the layout owner does not want to display it on his layout (some don't) they can stick it on their fridge ;)

We found a local engraver / trophy  supplier in the Yellow Pages and a 3 x 1 gold brass style plaque (with adhesive pad on rear)  came out at under £3 and 21 were ready for collection in a couple of days.

Basically you just need to shop around a bit. (There's usually plenty of choice out here if you look hard enough and perhaps don't mind travelling a few miles, less than 10 in our case)  .

Andy

Archived