Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Suppliers with no web presence at all, or very limited.

• RMweb Premium

As I have already pointed out, at length, my and many other products are made available on our own terms.

If you don't like that, it is open to you to pretend that we don't exist - simply ignore our products.

The fact that you and some others protest at our lack of on-line savvy suggests that we offer products that you need, but that you are not prepared to incur a little inconvenience in order to acquire them.

Sorry - that is the way of the world; life is not always easy, but some things are worth working for!

Am I saying "like it or lump it"?

YES.

Regards,

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

But the thing is you are findable, you have products certain people want, and we do know what you do. No matter what you say, your web presence is good and the service is good, as I have said before if you covered TOPS I would be very happy to use you and would most likely spend quite a bit on custom transfers for a lot of my fleet (like my rake of iron ore tipplers).

I would not dream of pushing you to do something you don't want to do either.

• RMweb Premium

If I am a sole trader (most of these folk are) you are saying that I should never be ill (we probably are all getting older), I should never take a even day off with the grandchildren/wife/mistress/friend, I should limit the time spent fulfilling orders from existing and prompt paying customers, and always be online waiting for that enquiry and potential customer ... all for the potential profit from that £1 widget?

For me telephone is the worst enemy of business - it is too insistent and instant. It interrupts, usually at the moment I am using 3 hands to solder a small part or am taking a biobreak and the caller usually asks a question I am unable or unprepared to answer there and then, particularly in a polite manner. (like would I like to buy plastic windows or contribute to some charity). An email, gives me the control of responding in good time with preparation. That is usually within 3 days, often within 12hrs. But it is never, down tools and respond to the inbox bell. If the customer can't understand that then they are simply a pest and not wanted. The thing is, it is a hobby business not a living.

No not at all I am saying that people who expect instant response 24 hours a day are taking the mickey, and that responding in 24 hours would be fine. I understand illness ect.

That said I do a pocket money sideline on Ebay and I get nagged at if I don't reply very quickly.

Archived