Hornsby 25/Airfix 4F

Did anyone produce detailing kits for either of the above, or are there currently any available that could be adapted? I have both locos, brand new and unused although old, and the 25 in particular looks pretty basic, particularly around the bumper area! Any information would be very much appreciated,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Crownline do a kit for the Hornby Class 25. You could try Comet Models for the 4F. Hope this is of use.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Jock, me again

The Hornby 25 has a better body profile than the Bachy ones. $17 dollars got me one from Ebay last year. I plan to do the same as with the Hornby 29, that is add an extra pick up to the non powered bogie and a hefty weight! Buffer beam details can be had from Peters spares along with snow ploughs and SE finecast make flush glazing. If you want lights I have a circuit for directional lighting but the best thing is to give it a detailed weathering job.

Hope this is of help Regards Shaun

Archived