The SwahoD Project: The Plan

ginger j

post-16979-0-66364000-1401130106_thumb.jpg

Snow with a hint of Diesel: The Plan

While browsing through a thread on the Archive I can across plan which inspired me, so I powered up anyrail and, with a considerable amount of tweaking, came up with this. It is exactly 8 foot long by 2 foot wide, representing an urban station 'somewhere in Britain' in around 1980-2005. Basic operation entails:

- 2 or 3 car DMU units in the main platform/Bay

- Loco hauled DMU replacement/Peak Hour services of 2 coaches (representing the head of a longer train the other side of the road bridge)

- Short freights to the railhead in from of the fiddle yard  (this could be a factory/PW sidings-I haven't decided yet).

The fiddle yard is behind the low relief factory (ignore the points-I was just checking clearance) and will be a 3 road traverser

Locomotives for the layout will most likely be (depending on era)

Freight

- Class 03/08

- Class 25

- Other Bo-Bo freight locomotives

- Class 37 (occasionally)

- Class 47 (occasionally)

Passenger

- Class 150 DMU

- Class 101 DMU

- Other suitable DMU

- Class 37 w/ 2 coaches

- Other locos on peak hour replacement duties

And finally, why SwahoD? Well, If this does actually gets built then I intend it to be set in the grips of winter, just to set it apart from the crowd! I coined the working name 'Snow with a hint of Diesel' as I felt it sounded nice :no:  This is abbreviated to 'The SwahoD Project'. So now you know.

Is this a feasible plan? Please let me know what you think (and any station names)

Many thanks,

GJ

Its a nice plan GJ a is very do-able its quite reminiscent of a quality layout that did the rounds late 80s called Carron Road which was based on a Central Belt ScR Banger Blue era but with an extra siding for turn back to the sidings in front of the fiddleyard. The original plan is one that that i had toyed with scaling up to 7mm till i came up with the plan that i want to proceed with. But your trackplan does have plenty operational interest and will look the business too, good luck fella.

Bry

Archived