Freightliner container services through Lincoln

Grampus

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

for the last two afternoons I have seen a Freightliner '66'-hauled container service heading west through the outskirts of Lincoln at about 1700L  towards Nottingham. Whilst I am only a casual observer of the modern railway these days, I don't recall seeing many container services through Lincoln previously, though admittedly I am not often near the railway at that time of day.  I wondered if anybody could enlighten me, please?  Is this a regular working?  If so, I am minded to  try and take some pictures - the light was particularly nice at that time of day.  As ever, grateful for any insights  anybody may have.  Many thanks.

Kind Regards,

Paul

This is most likely the 1620 Doncaster Europort to Felixstowe service which comes down the joint line via Gainsborough and round the chord between Pyewipe and Boultham Junctions - seems to run most weekdays. I'm not aware of any container traffic booked through Lincoln Central.

Cheers,

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Hi Beast,

Time on both days was roughly 1700-1710: I was dropping the car off at a garage for servicing. The boxes on the first few wagons were 'Maersk' liveried containers, though there were others in a variety of liveries. 

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Mike,

sounds like that would make sense if it had come down from Gainsborough and then round the chord: I don't recall seeing containers through Lincoln Central previously - I was out towards Hykeham at the time. 

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Brilliant - Thanks Beast ( -and Mike).  I just need a fresh excuse to scuttle off early from work with a camera now!  Thanks again for the detective work.

Best wishes,

Paul

Archived