The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

trainworld.com spam-help

Long Line

I have been receiving spam sales mail from trainworld.com for ages now and despite attempts to stop these coming have had no luck... filters place them in spam box but would like to stop them coming altogether now.. any ideas how to do this?

i am on windows 8.1 using outlook 2007

cheers mark

• RMweb Gold

There is often an 'unsubscribe' link in the small print at the bottom of these mail shots.

Therein lies a quandary though. Do you go against perceived wisdom and click the link?

There is often an 'unsubscribe' link in the small print at the bottom of these mail shots.

Therein lies a quandary though. Do you go against perceived wisdom and click the link?

It all depends on if you are dealing with genuine spam from an unknown, unsubscribed or suspicious source or something you perhaps unwittingly subscribed to on a reputable site (which is not real spam and is just over jealous contact).

The latter I would copy the link and paste it into the browser - just like I do for RMWeb unsubscribe to topic links (as the unsubscribe button doesn't work) when you get tired with a topic.

The former just add to the junk email filter as clicking a link or even opening the html email will send a message back to the spammer that the inbox is live (has a potential mug) and worth selling on to other spammers.

have received mail from them today after again e mailing them to be removed from mailing list.. even though i never asked to be on it?

as noted above i too am wary of clicking links on suspicious or spam mails..

key question remains where they got the idea to mail me i.e as a modeler/potential customer in first place?

hopefully that's an end to it

cheers for the support

Mark

Archived