Retailers in London?

LU_fan

If you are looking for a good model shop generally, who I believe may have some LT RTR stock in, then I would try the engine Shed in Leytonstone high road. It's a great shop, and if you are interested in London railway bylines, then it is an enjoyable journey there and back either on the Central Line or the Gospel Oak-Barking.

If you are looking for a good model shop generally, who I believe may have some LT RTR stock in, then I would try the engine Shed in Leytonstone high road. It's a great shop, and if you are interested in London railway bylines, then it is an enjoyable journey there and back either on the Central Line or the Gospel Oak-Barking.

I last called in a couple of years ago and only about 50% of the shelves had stock. Is it back to being a buoyant shop again?

Cheers

Tom

jonhall: I didn't think about that. I'll be there for a week, and i don't think it could hurt to ask. (Edit: I just sent him an e-mail asking if that could work. Now we wait.)

jools1959: How do you mean?

tomstaf: I might just do that. It might be a hell of a lot easier on my wallet if i didn't, but i might.

L49: Just checked them out on Google, and it looks like quite a nice shop. Reminds me a little of my local model railway shop.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, i'm back! Sadly neither Ian Allan or The Engine Shed had any LU models, but luckily i had reserved what turned out to be the last IoW dino set of 1938-stock cars at the LT Museum. So i didn't come home empty handed.  :locomotive:

Edit: Oh, and i also met up with John and exchanged chassies. So just one day after i bought them, my cars were powered! I just have to prep them for DCC and convince a Tenshodo-hating friend of mine to help me install it.

Archived