Day 2: 29th June 2014
Opening times Day 2: 10-4
Prices: See website

:

Disability access: Unknown
Car parking: Yes

Organising body: Bluebell Railway
Organiser: http://www.bluebell-...ailway-weekend/

The 3rd Annual Model Railway weekend is being held on 28th & 29th June. Come along, enjoy a steam train ride and explore each of our stations and exhibitions.
Passengers holding a travel ticket gain free entry to any stations. Visitors wishing to visit the station only will need to purchase an admission ticket.
Visit the locomotive works at Sheffield Park for Gauge 1 including live steam, Thornbury Hil l00 other layouts and traders, additional traders will be found on the platforms and in the Birch Grove Suite.
At Horsted Keynes the Carriage and Wagon Works will feature more layouts and traders including the first showing of the new P4 layout Plumpton Green, and other layouts in N, OO and O. More traders and layouts will be located on the platforms in the waiting rooms.
Service two timetable operates over the weekend.
Please note the 5.15pm from Sheffield Park to East Grinstead only returns as far as Horsted Keynes on Saturday 28th June. The last round trip will depart Sheffield Park at 4.00pm.
Passengers starting from East Grinstead on the 6.15pm service for the Track Trek can travel as far as Horsted Keynes where the train terminates.

I'm helping to operate "Plumpton"; maybe a blue 47 might even put in an appearance ;-)

Will you be at Horsted Keynes or Sheffield Park Jon?

Orestone Quay will also be present in the Sheffield Park loco works - which should have more space as I've been told there's no boilers present there this year!

Also, you sure it ends at 4.00pm on the Saturday?

Chris

Hi all,

Sorry, I might have got he closing time wrong, but I couldn't see it stated anywhere and had to put something in or the calendar entry wouldn't complete; I didn't want to say later in case it did close at 4; stating 4 was therefroe safer.. but yes, it probably goes on until 5.

I'm at Horsted Keynes, helping on Plumpton in the Carriage Works. Looks like we'l nto see each other then again Chris... sorry about that.

Best Regards

Jon

Will there be only one person with a camera?? I'll look out for it and maybe wash my hair specially!!

Hopefully I'll have time to visit HK on Sunday Jon, I'll be on Thornbury Hill then.

Can't stay longer than lunchtime tomorrow - am singing in St John Smith Square in the evening and have to go for final rehearsal. Hope your ops session goes well.

Chris

Had a good day helping to operate Plumpton Green during its first exhibition outing... all worked well, considering.

post-8351-0-10238100-1403980854.jpg

post-8351-0-96449100-1403980854.jpg

Grabbed a couple of shots; chatted with quite a few nice people and old friends; got to grips with fiddle yard and cassette management; managed a few minutes to wander around between the showers;

post-8351-0-86446600-1403980855.jpg

post-8351-0-84454200-1403980856.jpg

exercised the 47 briefly

post-8351-0-97208700-1403980857.jpg

and ended up operating the lever frame at the front of the layout - daunting at first but after an hour or so it was starting to make sense.

An enjoyable day. Shame I couldn't make it to Sheffield Park... but now enjoying a cup of tea after a long day.

Archived