2mm layout on ebay

Robert Shrives

Doesn't look like Easitrac to me, though photos are too indistinct to be sure.  I'd also guess from the scenic techniques and baseboard construction that its considerably older than Easitrac period and probably rail direct onto copper clad.  Turnouts look like copper clad, and there's Peco solenoid motors visible in at least two pictures lined up to operate turnout.

I'll let others decide on the scenic qualities, but I won't be bidding, though I would have the space for it.

Hi all,

Looks like it would be more work to bring it back to life from the state it is than it would be to start again....

Thanks

Highly likely. The 2mm layout offered free to a good home recently on the 2mm Yahoo group is likely to make a one way trip to the local tip shortly as no-one has expressed an interest in taking it. 

Andy

Highly likely. The 2mm layout offered free to a good home recently on the 2mm Yahoo group is likely to make a one way trip to the local tip shortly as no-one has expressed an interest in taking it.  Andy

Andy,

What state is this 2mm freebie layout in and where is it??

Mr Clifford keeps haranguing me to join the 2mmSociety and this might be a good way to see if I fancy 2mm.

Cheers

Neal

Hi Neal,

Some pictures attached below. Jerry can give you a bit more information on it, as he helped remove it from the loft of the Wiltshire vicarage where it lived!  Size is approx. 8ft x 2ft I think.

Downside is that it needs to be rehomed ASAP (the Abingdon MRC have very kindly allowed it to be stored in their clubrooms, but only for a very limited period of time).

Andy

Photos courtesy of Brian Denton.

post-8055-0-63342500-1404040608.jpg

post-8055-0-14332300-1404040631_thumb.jpg

post-8055-0-77216300-1404040646_thumb.jpg

post-8055-0-66828800-1404040664_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

After very slow progress, and a lot of dithering, I have decided this layout does not meet my requirements and am offering it to anyone who can collect it from Haddenham, Buckinghamshire.

Please PM me for more details of the condition of the layout.

Archived