Red Caboose models

Hi not sure if this retailer has already been talked about(sorry if it has) anyway they have a number of HO scale coil-cars on e-### the detailing looks good but I wondered if anyone had come across them? Before I buy. As always any help is very welcome

• RMweb Gold

Hi not sure if this retailer has already been talked about(sorry if it has) anyway they have a number of HO scale coil-cars on e-### the detailing looks good but I wondered if anyone had come across them? Before I buy. As always any help is very welcome

Hi William,

So far I have one of the coil cars and need a few more.

I bought the first one on a moment of indecision but decided to get it because it was different to my other coil cars.

Then I found out it is one of the more common types of coil car for the area and era I model - so I need to buy more!

Yes - the detail it good

Yes - it runs well

I did have to do a bit of fiddling with the coupling though - only to get them to the same height as the rest of my stock.

Thanks

Hi William,

So far I have one of the coil cars and need a few more.

I bought the first one on a moment of indecision but decided to get it because it was different to my other coil cars.

Then I found out it is one of the more common types of coil car for the area and era I model - so I need to buy more!

Yes - the detail it good

Yes - it runs well

I did have to do a bit of fiddling with the coupling though - only to get them to the same height as the rest of my stock.

Thanks

I've just ordered a coil car in DT&I livery we'll have to wait and see :)

I'd generally rate the Intermountain 57' Reefer as being slightly better than the Red Caboose one, but there are some nicer touches such as the way the roof is fitted and the axlebox in motion trucks.

All... I have one of these cars. The detail on these cars is excellent... but be very careful handling them or when swapping them out of consists in your fiddle yard.  The detail is very, very delicate.  It will not survive rough handling or a drop to the floor. ... coh

My DTI coil car came today and I must say its a nice kit maybe not as good as EXACTRAIL or Intermountain but easily as good as Genesis or the newer Atlas cars. Yes I know a photo would be great but as I've said before every time I try it never works I'm rubbish go figure.

Archived