New model shop in Burnham-on-Sea

NeilG

I see there is a sign up announcing a new shop in Victoria Court, Burnham-on-Sea. As it opens tomorrow I have not been able to check it out but it does seem to be advertising a good range of Hornby product lines though no Bachmann.
It does seem that Somerset is bucking the trend in model shops with Mikron Model Railways , Bridgwater Model Railways  and Model Railways Direct opening in recent years with yet another one in Weston-Super-Mare opening just a few months ago (I think). let's hope business is good for all of them.

I popped in this morning just 15 minutes after they opened and found I was their first customer. First impressions are good.  This is a well laid out shop with a good range of Hornby and Peco (even an 009 point I was able to relieve them of).. Day 1 they are offering a 10 percent discount and a free toffee. Keith and Kath seem really nice people and I for one wish them well.They tell me they used to run Forest of Dean Models in Bream so I am sure some of you will remember them.

• RMweb Gold

Went in this lunchtime, very friendly and a very good range to boot! After spending the best part of half an hour there, they managed to relieve me of about £100! At the moment they can only accept cash as they haven't got a phone line set up yet for debit/credit card payments. I for one, expect to be a very regular visitor.

I notice that they are open 9:30 to 16:00 everyday except Sundays which will be 11:00 to 15:00.

A very welcome addition to our town and I wish them all the very best.

Aidan

Many thanks for your kind comments. Sorry we can't help you in Glasgow, but hope we can fill a gap in the Burnham on Sea area.Everything has been a little rushed so if we are running a little low on stocks this will be sorted soon with new arriving in the next week or so. As for Bachmann we have tried twice in the past but they have very stringent conditions on who they will and who they won't supply and unfortunately a small shop like ours didn't meet them, but we will be trying again, as we really do need to fill the lack of N gauge we have at the moment. In the mean time if anyone has a wish list we'll certainly try and fill it. We can't compete with the big boys on the internet but we do hope that we offer that personal and friendly service. ( and a toffee!!) One thing we will be carrying on from the old model shop is our loyalty scheme and will tell people more when we have the cards printed. In the meantime anyone is welcome to pop in for a chat we are open 7 days a week Sun 10 3pm and our email is VCMODELS@gmx.co.uk tele no to follow Once again many thanks.

• RMweb Gold

Apologies, for getting your Sunday hours wrong - no excuse, except for age!

Hope you get things sorted with Bachmann (my youngest son really likes N gauge) and look forward forward to your loyalty scheme.

Cheers,

Aidan

• 3 months later...

Went into the shop whilst there in September very friendly and great little shop and although with a fair amount of stock we only came away with a Ratio BR Banana van kit a couple of packets of Parkside NEM coupling mounts and a Wills 2 road engine shed our custom felt appreciated.  So nice to see a Model shop opening up instead of closing. Good luck to them   :drinks:

• 6 months later...

Just spent a weeks holiday in Burnham on sea and soon found my way to the shop, resulting in a further visits during the week, Keith and Kath made us feel very welcome , both of them are very knowledgeable and always ready to go the extra mile to help out.

Well recommended shop with a fantastic family atmosphere.

• 1 year later...

Only just found this model shop this year. Good selection of kits and detailing parts and good prices. Very friendly service and they have 20% off Hornby CASH sales at the moment. Walked away with a 2x Hornby railroad MK1's and a Pullman that worked out at just over £14 each and an operating Mail Coach for around £17!

Thanks!

Archived