Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
On 24/01/2023 at 18:12, Benjamin Brady said:

I have a photo of all three on the ETD before the yellow ends were painted, now it is going to be a mission to go and find them. 

I always though 028 looked good with the full Belgium ends 

They were covered in issue 183 of Rail. I managed to get a copy from Ebay and here they are! Quite scary that it is over 30 years old!

C7CFFDAD-A4D4-491A-B6F3-31DB0BC47B6A.jpeg

Edited by 97406
  • Like 6

On 24/01/2023 at 18:12, Benjamin Brady said:

I always though 028 looked good with the full Belgium ends 

On reflection, there's probably more yellow on the front of Belgian 90128 there than a Grand Central HST...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, cairnsroadworks said:

I acquired 3 in the TMC new year sale 🤣

I did see one place selling them for £119, but they were sold out, damnit! 😆 Would love to see the Kernow DB 90129 go the same way in time. Just need the Sybic one to complete the set, but may do that meself when I finish layout building.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I did see one place selling them for £119, but they were sold out, damnit! 😆 Would love to see the Kernow DB 90129 go the same way in time. Just need the Sybic one to complete the set, but may do that meself when I finish layout building.

I’m waiting on decals to finish 130. Fox used to do them but they appear to be discontinued. 

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, cairnsroadworks said:

I’m waiting on decals to finish 130. Fox used to do them but they appear to be discontinued. 

Have you tried Railtec? I reckon he'll get you a set made if not in stock already, having got the transfers for my departmental class 40s off him.

I'm also waiting for a discount of sorts on 90129, I got caught out with paying full price plus collectors club membership for 90128. 

Incidentally Kernow have a package deal for 90129 with 2 Heljan Cargowaggon flats for 269 which is a good discount, but I don't need those wagons!

13 hours ago, cairnsroadworks said:

Cheers. Back in stock then. 

I think it's a re-draw, as the original sheet didn't include the /0 alternative numbers.

On the subject, of 90130, What colours did you use to paint 130? I was wondering if they used original SNCF shades or the closest UK colours (or if the 2 are the same!)

10 minutes ago, JJC said:

I think it's a re-draw, as the original sheet didn't include the /0 alternative numbers.

On the subject, of 90130, What colours did you use to paint 130? I was wondering if they used original SNCF shades or the closest UK colours (or if the 2 are the same!)

Yeah I think you’re right. 

I’ve got with rail grey for the lower band, and what became RFD international grey for the upper body and bog standard orange for the orange. Same approach coming for 90136 which is next up after sleeper 90021. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cairnsroadworks said:

Yeah I think you’re right. 

I’ve got with rail grey for the lower band, and what became RFD international grey for the upper body and bog standard orange for the orange. Same approach coming for 90136 which is next up after sleeper 90021. 

Those were the colours I was thinking of using. Did you do the pan well a different colour? I was thinking Exec dark grey.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/02/2023 at 19:09, 97406 said:

I did see one place selling them for £119, but they were sold out, damnit! 😆

There have been a couple on eBay recently at around that price....

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Johnson Street IEMD said:

Quick question folks, is the chip which goes into the second batch of Class 90s different to that of the first generation ? so a chip going into an EWS 90030 - 32-619 ... in effect ... or one just like it ?

They are programmed slightly differently.