Primer

I have had a decent airbrush for some time, but became frustrated with using aerosol propellent, so it has stayed in the box. I am now going to bite the bullet and buy a compresser. As it happens a friend at the golf club who also modells brought on 2 weeks ago and is over the moon with it, so I can call on him for help if I get stuck.

To date I have either used Phoenix single etch aerosol primer or good old Halfords grey aerosol primer, should I still use these or prime my models with the airbrush ?

If the answer is yes to using the airbrush, what paint should I use and where can I get it please.

Thanks in advance

Hi John,

Personally, I always use the spraycan primer, leaving my airbrush for the colour coats, if only to avoid the chore of having to strip & clean it too many times!ohmy.gif

Spot on - I just don't see the point in using what I consider a precision tool just to spay overall. Besides it dries far too quick. Not that I am any expert with an airbrush but would rather leave it packed away than use it for priming.

Archived