Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

• RMweb Gold

But then I have to replace the cab windows, grab rails, open the Serck louvres, replace the bogie springing with something that looks correct.

That's a lot of work for £110 loco- plus how many years before it disintergrates?

Only the Heljan ones will explode, hopefully :O

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nothing done on the layout front over the weekend but I did add the extra pickups to the 08. Also the other day I ordered some class 37 bogie pivot plates, I wasn't happy how I'd filed the originals down when lowerering the 37's as they looked a bit wonky. I've cut one pair down and fitted them to the green 37 and it looks much better, whilst doing that I re-fitted the sound chip and speaker under the fan as well as wiring up the speaker in the tanks. It runs and sounds pretty impressive :)

I'm going to weather the bogies again to as I'm not happy with them then add the last bits of detail, then it's finally done. :)

We're looking after her sisters house till Friday now so whilst I'm up there I'm going to make a start on the signal box, I've been looking forward to building this for a while!!

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to 37 sound video now :senile:

Bet you are Neil ;) I tried to do one last night but I've used most the memory on my phone and it only recorded for a minute, didn't know whether it was worth uploading to YouTube or not?

I'll try and get it uploaded tonight buddy.

Thanks, Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, I had hoped to make a start on the box one night this week, but I've had no time what so ever so it'll have to wait until I'm back home unfortunately :(

So this is as far as I've got I'm affraid.

post-18716-0-11020100-1424285900_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Paul

Edited by PjKing1

Evening all, I had hoped to make a start on the box one night this week, but I've had no time what so ever so it'll have to wait until I'm back home unfortunately :(

So this is as far as I've got I'm affraid.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Cheers, Paul

Isn't that candle holder a bit overscale?

Paul, a slightly more sensible question (well, comparatively speaking)

From all your photos, would you give an opinion on what the minimum length that can be used properly for a photographic plank?

I thought 2ft would do it, but it now I've just found no matter what angle I take from it comes out rubbish.

• RMweb Gold

Paul, a slightly more sensible question (well, comparatively speaking)

From all your photos, would you give an opinion on what the minimum length that can be used properly for a photographic plank?

I thought 2ft would do it, but it now I've just found no matter what angle I take from it comes out rubbish.

Morning Derek, I recon anything 2' or over, almost all my photos need to be cropped to eliminate, a dodgy Minnie Mouse or somet in the background. If you can place the plank so there's nothing else getting in the photo the easier it'll be. But having said that some of my photos are taken close up so less that a 1ft is used.

Hope that helps, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Well I've finally got around to making a start on the box, I painted the windows!! But then I got distracted by testing out the kids xbox one for three hours, ahem I had to make sure it was working properly for them ;)

Hopefully I good few hours modelling tomorrow with something to show for it.

Cheers, Paul

Well I've finally got around to making a start on the box, I painted the windows!! But then I got distracted by testing out the kids xbox one for three hours, ahem I had to make sure it was working properly for them ;)

Hopefully I good few hours modelling tomorrow with something to show for it.

Cheers, Paul

Nothing wrong with that, PS in this house though, plenty of Drake, Lara and AC! Always good for some escapism. :sungum:

Jinty ;-)

• RMweb Gold

Good job I'm crap at computer games otherwise I would get distracted to much!! Haven't played on one for years, late night last night so once I'm with it I'll do some on the box, hopefully some pics later :)

Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well I finally got to do some work on the box, I've attached thin clear plastic to the windows using ClearFix and attached the front windows in place, I've also glazed the side windows and door to. I've made a couple of the windows open to. The box won't be this tall it was just easier playing safe and I'll trim the bottom accordingly.

post-18716-0-76022700-1424632366_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-26077300-1424632385_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-27236600-1424632405_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-66016000-1424632569_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Paul

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Nice progress mate - will be impressive no doubt.

Have spent day building PD hoppers and putting additional pick ups on D200 - have similar job to do on D6320, never run out of jobs do we?

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice progress mate - will be impressive no doubt.Have spent day building PD hoppers and putting additional pick ups on D200 - have similar job to do on D6320, never run out of jobs do we?Phil

Thanks Phil, never enough time in the day!!

How is D200 now? It was a bit temperamentle last time out. Looking forward to some pics of your hoppers :)

Cheers, Paul