New French narrow gauge layout in 1/32 scale

kirtleypete

We knew about Voie Libre because they photographed the layout at the show but Loco Review was a nice surprise.

Francois Fontana came to us at the end of Saturday to take the pictures and wanted one of John and I.

Look happy! we were told.....we'd been on our feet operating for eight and a half hours at that point.......

Peter

• Like 2

I've been to an exhibition in France that shut for 2 hours at mid day for lunch.

'Mais, c'est normalé..'

I've accompanied Paul Wade and Tonbridge West Yard to at least three exhibitions in France (Lesquin, Aubenas and Cambrai). What happened in at least one case is that the mayor opened the show on Saturday morning, accompanied by the children from several local schools. Once they'd had a look around, the show then shut for a two-hour, well-lubricated lunch; thank God we didn't have D&A screening before starting operations. Saturday evening saw us following a convoy headed by local worthies to a local countryside hostelry. Sunday was a bit subdued..

• Like 5

I can't see a problem with it!

When we exhibited at the Grand Dome south of Paris a few years ago there was no free tea or coffee but you could have as much red wine as you liked!! I suggested to Paul Jones that we do the same at the NEC but for some reason he wasn't keen.

Peter

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

We knew about Voie Libre because they photographed the layout at the show but Loco Review was a nice surprise.

Francois Fontana came to us at the end of Saturday to take the pictures and wanted one of John and I.

Look happy! we were told.....we'd been on our feet operating for eight and a half hours at that point.......

Peter

Well Voie Libre is a publication from the Loco Revue stable, so no surprise that you did not get two visits.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The title of this thread is a bit misleading as the layout is certainly no longer new! However, we do keep upgrading it. 

I bought some sets of the new Magiclic magnetic couplings to fit between our coaches as we run them in fixed rakes. I had a nice surprise; each coach only needs one coupling as the magnet sticks to the steel buffer head of the next vehicle and is plenty strong enough to keep the train coupled. They look far neater than the Kadees we had been using.

I've run them on my shelf layout at home, but the real test will be at Redditch in September. 

Peter

Edited by kirtleypete
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Not at the moment Jackie - put 'clicmagic' into Google and you should find them. If not I'll take some pictures,

Peter

Put that into Google and you get some marketing software product.

I think you need to put in MagClic or else M&M Models.

• Like 1