Help me choose which Grid I should have first?

Lukasz

Which Grid should I have?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you choose?

• 56033 Transrail Big T livery.
    • 56007 Fertis livery

Now this is very similar to James Hiltons thread on choosing his class 37 so I'm hoping for a good response to help me decide which class 56 I would like. The most likely thing is I'll get a Hornby metals 56 and will then send it off for repaint as although I've done wagons and class 08's but I don't trust myself with a loco as pricey as this.

I've narrowed it down to two locos like James but this is where similarities end. Both were picked due to them both being favourite liveries of mine.

First is...

56033 in Transrail big T livery.

http://www.class56group.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/56033aa.jpg

A nice grotty example with a light fade to it. This is a personal favourite of mine and features a plated over front grille and a black rather attractive ring around the high intensity light. This is pretty out of region being a good distance away from the layouts setting in Wales but is nice a simple but not too boring with some nice simple features to differ it from a standard Hornby release.

and second...

56007 in livery.

http://37517slocopics.fotoblog.co.uk/p49048204.html

This loco would be modelled after it's trip to France and in suitably run down rusty condition. A nice touch is its square buffers. Its another push being way out of era but a long time favourite livery when faded and grotty and a nice different loco. Celebrity by experiences as a loco but part of a group that also received that celebrity status so not pushing it out of my taste.

NOTE: I'm not sure if anyone makes Fertis transfers so may be decided for me. Anyone know if someone does?

Since I'm not repainting and leaving it in the hands of a professional then I don't mind about complications in repainting.

Posts or votes on poll are very welcome and I'm keen to know your opinions. As I don't care for celebrity locos in any description Fertis is just as nice as Transrail.

Many Thanks,

Lukasz

I think you might find that the voting goes towards the Transrail choice, simply because the Fertis ones never ran in the UK, let alone Wales, and to choose the Fertis one is assuming a big helping of modellers' licence.

Hi Lukasz,

Try precision transfers and decals think he does them! But i feel the same the transrail machine was cardiff based in wales pulling enterprise coal steel tanks etc... were as the fertis grid isn't much use over here as like mentioned they worked abroad! So she would just be stored in a rusty mess on your depot as they all are now rusting away at crewe diesel depot probably never to be used again :(

Cheers, Jon.

Archived