A House in your Hand on Kickstarter

• RMweb Premium

The current N Gauge Society Journal has an interesting note about some proposed etched brass buildings. Andy Vaughan is running a Kickstarter project to see if there in enough interest in a range of fold-up brass buildings.

The prototype looks very good and a number of sponsors (including myself) have already signed up. I have no other connection with Andy, but think this is a promising use of an established technology.

Cheers,

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

Welcome to RMweb.

I think the idea of etched brass buildings is great for the smaller scales - some fellow club members I showed your pictures to were impressed with the crispness of detail in your test model.

The Kickstarter project seems to have started well, I hope it achieves the target easily.

Cheers,

Dave

Yes it's off to a great start, and excellent suggestions for the next kits too!

Assuming it gets all the way to target and I get these first 10 kits into production, I have an endless list of models I would like to develop, many of which are rail specific.

I really want to aim at models not much covered by other manufacturers, variety and diversity!

A few pics for other readers… this is the prototype for kit 1 :

index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=14509

Painted example (my painting skills need practice - can't wait to see what other people will do with it!)

index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=14512

The back :

index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=14513

Card mockups of kits 2 to 7 :

index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=14514

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Centurion

These are really nice. I don't model N but if i did i would want them. Was expecting daft prices but I think these are very reasonable. Well done.

Archived