Mainline Warship and Class 45

Hi guys

I wonder if anyone can suggest something for this?

My Mainline Warship and class 45 are both suffering from motor bogie issues!

Both seem to have split gears on the wheels! are there still spares out there or is there a new bogie or something I can fit?

Hello Mike

Ultrascale sell nice brass replacement drive gears for the Mailine Warship.  I bought some many years ago and was most impressed and after adding a lot of lead the performance  nearly matches the newer Bachmann products. The gears come with a set screw and you will need to disassemble your existing wheel sets.  You might find that you can use the same gear for the Class 45 but you would need to check because that is not what is advertised.  The main drive gear on the Warship is a known problem hence the Ultrascale solution.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ray

Hello Mike

Ultrascale sell nice brass replacement drive gears for the Mailine Warship.  I bought some many years ago and was most impressed and after adding a lot of lead the performance  nearly matches the newer Bachmann products. The gears come with a set screw and you will need to disassemble your existing wheel sets.  You might find that you can use the same gear for the Class 45 but you would need to check because that is not what is advertised.  The main drive gear on the Warship is a known problem hence the Ultrascale solution.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ray

Great tip Ray, I've just emailed them to ask

The earlier Bachmann incarnations of these classes were the Mainline bodies on Bachmann's design of chassis. The more recent product revisions probably mean the fixing points and other elements inside have changed, so you would be in DIY territory to sort out the fit and securing. The bufferbeams would have to come off the body of the 45 too. But generally stuffing an old diesel body shell with the solid block of a current centre motor drive is very simple: provided you can find the chassis.

Archived