Mikron Model Railways, taunton

NeilG

It is with great sadness that I have just paid what will be my last visit to this shop. Since it opened I have always been made welcome and the selection available has been excellent.  This will be a shop I greatly miss when it closes for the last time on Saturday. The visit was marred by a shoplifter who grabbed a couple of locos from the shelves. I understand this has been a common occurance and one the owners will most certainly not miss. I have to say I really felt for them.  Thanks to the quick response and indeed courage of Mike who made chased he got the goods back but this was not even the firat time today!
As I say a shop and team who will be missed. i wish them well in whatever their future holds.

Farewell and good luck.

Neil

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately not able to get there as often as I would have liked, our turns from Bristol only giving us a few minutes turn around. But when I was able to visit I found them most helpful and of course the discount that was offered to railway staff. Sad to see them gone, but I'm afraid that the shoplifting incident described above sums up a proportion of the Taunton population. That's why Taunton station now has barriers.

• 2 years later...

Yes that is a shame. I bought some bits from there a while back when passing through Taunton. It was a very nice shop and run but nice people.

What I'm trying to get at is it's website is still running have shut down or are they running as an online business

Archived