CARSTENS Closing (0n30 annual)

Stevelewis

Just passing  on some  infor  just  read  on  Bachmann.com  website  -'Ask the  Bachmann'  0n30  section  that seems to indicate  that  Carstens the  publishers  of 0n30 Annual  ( and  other  publications is closing)

It is  the  thread  Interview with an editior

• RMweb Gold

They closed on Friday.

They are seeking to sell the magazine titles

No news yet on the 0n30 & H0n3 Annuals futures

There was a full statement online

it is with regret that Carstens Publicatons, Inc. will be closing permanently at close of business on Friday, August 22, 2014. Carstens Publications, Inc. has been a leading publisher of leading hobby magazines for over 50 years. Unfortunately the current economic climate has placed us in this position. Discussion is continuing with several parties who expressed desire to take on the continuance of the magazines. At this point there is still hope that all three titles will remain in existence. But I can offer no guarantees. We thank you for your patronage over the years, and wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.
--Henry R. Carstens, President
Carstens Publications, Inc.

• RMweb Gold

There's more

For those who haven't seen it, here's the "Official Unofficial Statement regarding the On30 Annual" as published by its editor, Chris Lane on several Yahoo forums.

"My fellow On30 modelers,

As many of you are aware, Carstens Publications closed its doors Friday @ 5PM est. The business climate was such that the long time publisher of Railroad Model Craftsman, Railfan & Railroad, Flying Models, The On30 Annual, HOn3 Annual and numerous hobby books could not continue.

The Carstens family is engaged in active negotiations with several firms whose intent is to acquire select assets and fulfill the remaining subscriptions. So if you are a subscriber to any of those publications, and I know many of you are; you are not getting screwed. You will get what you paid for in time, and RMC, Railfan and likely Flying Models will continue in some form into the future.

Which brings me to the On30 & HOn3 Annuals. While the details of how they move forward are dependent on which firm acquires the assets, I can assure you that both publications WILL continue. I started working on the On30 Annual in 2005 with the intent to grow, promote and serve the On30 community and I'm not done: Not by a long shot!

I am grateful for the almost 8 years I spent at Carstens and all the friends I made while working with them. And while I appreciate all the Carstens did for the Annuals and for me personally, those with a sense of history know that this isn't the first horse to be shot out from under me. As any westerner will tell you, you grab your saddle and bedroll and jog over to a new horse, and that is what I am doing. Just as soon as I am saddled up and riding, I'll let everyone know!

Thanks for all your support over the years and I look forward to serving you for many years to come.

All the best,

Chris Lane - Editor On30 Annual"

• 4 weeks later...

Archived