Help needed with identification.

I also forgot to say that it is 7mm scale. I thought it was an auto coach, but all my searching I cannot find anything with matching window layout.

It is made from brass, which is why I bought it, as it is quite easy to strip and rebuild it.

post-13601-0-33619700-1409001466.jpg

• RMweb Premium

With its uneven sides it would make a great grounded coach/cottage  like Compo's old house or the one from Titfield Thunderbolt.

I can't offer anything about the origins of the model, but it's a fairly close representation of a 59'6" Diagram A7 autotrailer. No 110 was built as steam railmotor No 12 in 1904 and converted to a trailer in 1916. There's a good photo of it in John Lewis' GW Auto Trailers part 1.

Nick

Paul, you're quite right about A7 being flat sided matchboard construction. However, the model does have the characteristic window pattern of the A7 including the triple narrow windows (one fixed, two droplight) in the larger saloon next to the central door. The only difference is that the second window from the driver's end should be a pair of droplights, not a large single. Is there a panelled type with this window arrangement? The only ones I can think of with triple narrow windows are all 70' long (e.g. E and F).

Nick

ps 110 ran on 9' fish belly bogies.

Thanks to you all with the information so far. I only have the pictures with me the ( model) is in the UK waiting for me to bring over at christmas. It is the window pattern that confused me. As said the closest pattern was a match boarded carriage. Maybe I need to wait until I have it and strip the paint off maybe someone was playing with the kit.

Archived