My Content - Strange Happenings

Just wondering if this is some form of 'hacking' ?

This topic:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/80307-mystery-machine-tool-id-help-requested/

Shows in 'my content' as having had a 'most recent post' by me at 22:06 this evening (29/08/2014).

I wasn't logged onto RMWeb at the time, indeed I don't even think my pc was powered up, is this a false posting and does it need investigating for forum integrity?

Rgds,

Andy

I wouldn't say there's any chance of a hack but it could be a glitch of some kind which could have other factors involved e.g. is your PC time correct? Could you do a screen print and post it which may give other clues (relating to other topic for example)?

There's definitely no posting to that topic of the time/date you've observed though.

Thanks Andy, I still can't offer a firm explanation but I recall seeing the topic come up in my VNC earlier on, it could be that a post was made by a.n.other and subsequently deleted and it's left some form of false trace behind.

• RMweb Gold

Just to clarify that bug, when you get any search listings on RMweb:

post-1103-0-56661400-1409353218.png

At A is shown the user who made the most recent post in a topic.

At B is shown the date when the searched for term was last used in the topic.

It does not mean that user A made a post at time B.

This is a bug because A is shown twice. The actual user who made the referring post should be shown at B.

I have reported this bug several times before. Perhaps we need a specific bug-reporting forum?

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

i find that on the mobile version of the site it says "last post" with the correct name but the date and time is whenever the topic was started

also if i visit a thread i have participated in and someone has posted a new reply it will take me to the first unread post as it should do, however if i then go back into the thread and no one has posted since i read it last it takes me back to the first post of the thread

both these only happen in the mobile version

Archived