Bonnybridge Model Railway club Annual Show 4th & 5th October

bruced2

There's a good chippy round the corner . At least that's where Stevie Cunningham drags our sorry asses to every year ......

Mike b

Ps - of course I don't know if it is considered good or bad in bonnybridge - I live in Ayr where the chippies range from garbage to decidedly average .........!

Jeeeeez Bruce ! It is hard enough to find bonnybridge without throwing Denny into the mix .

Anyway Stevie is driving and any diversionary mileage just adds extra terror to the journey ............. :-)

I first have to go and get a load in rugby in the morning ( which was a total screw up today ) before driving back to Ayr , getting the van from work , loading hunterston and bringing it up to bonnybridge . I can see Friday being a bit of a challenge .....

Cheers

Mike b

Hi FOLKS 

just back from bonnybridge exhibition set up. :sungum: bruce great selection of layouts :locomotive:really looking forward to the show. :O

IF any rmwebbers are in the area pop along to the show I am sure you wont be disappointed :O :no:  

Well done bruce and all bonnybridge members who helped to set up this evening. :sungum:  

cheers joe

God morning Joe, Thanks for the kind comments with only 1 layout still to beset up the show is naw all set up after a couple of hick ups but nothing major. I hope all those that are attending will have an enjoyable day.

Bruce

Well that's another show over its 18:32 and I am at home the hall was cleared in record time. Many thanks for all the above comments. And a big thank you to all those who turned up and made the show a success without your help there would be no show. Well I have to get my thinking cap on now those who I can get for next year.

Bruce

• RMweb Premium

Got to echo the above, didn't really get a chance to help with the organisation of the show this year due to other commitments, hats off to Bruce & Co again for another great show, lots of good comments, meeting up with the usual crowd of Scottish modellers, a lot of good laughs over the weekend and a great first show for our new layout "Allanbridge", theres nothing better than being at a great show to reinvigorate your passion for the hobby, especially when you've got so many other distractions with work and a young family!!!

Really looking forward to next year now as I get my Canadian project ready to go, need to pin down a name for it now:-)

Well done say I to all the operators on our new layout ' Allanbridge ' - you did really well ! Hope we have not put you off DCC for good. Despite the odd 'hiccuppp' it performed well on its debut. Lots of great comments and as already said some great banter ! Really good weekend :locomotive: !

Bill.

• RMweb Premium

Well done say I to all the operators on our new layout ' Allanbridge ' - you did really well ! Hope we have not put you off DCC for good. Despite the odd 'hiccuppp' it performed well on its debut. Lots of great comments and as already said some great banter ! Really good weekend :locomotive: !

Bill.

And its now back built up in the clubroom after a mornings work by myself fitting copperclad sleepers to the board joints at the fiddle yards after one caught my tshirt carrying it back up the stairs yesterday, the signal that was missing over the weekend has also been fitted by he who does all things electrical, donny4472, now we can have some fun getting ready for Model Rail Scotland  :locomotive:

Hi Bruce ,

Another great show and thanks for inviting my trainset ( hunterston ) . Hopefully the lads had a good time operating and the public weren't put off too much when I was playing !

Cheers to Stevie c and Ali for putting up with my reluctance to play trains and peter for holding the fort while we went to the amrss meeting on Sunday afternoon .

Best regards

Mike b

Hi Bruce and all,

Really enjoyed the show, shame I could only make Saturday and help out with the rest of the Scottish Modellers/DEMU crowd. It was nice to have a little play on Mikes train set and there was a good line up of layouts. I enjoyed Tullygarth as normal and Thought Allanbridge was very well done too. I must thank Jeff for building my Salmon kit too whilst I was working on a Bream.

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Hi Bruce & Co,

Here is a photo of the fine trophy which the judges awarded to Fairhaven Road as the Best Scottish Layout in the show. When you guys at Bonnybridge award a trophy you don't mess about. Its massive and of course it now has pride of place in the house.

Thanks to the judges, who absolutely made my day. Sorry I was at the AMRSS AGM and couldn't be photographed with it myself at the prize giving ceremony. 

As I said at the venue, it was a fabulous show with an excellent selection of layouts.

See my own thread for many photos of Fairhaven Road from the early days to the present time.

post-14517-0-27432400-1412793244_thumb.jpg

Hi Bruce & Co, Here is a photo of the fine trophy which the judges awarded to Fairhaven Road as the Best Scottish Layout in the show. Sorry I was at the AMRSS AGM and couldn't be photographed with it myself at the prize giving ceremony. 

As Manxcat was at the AMRSS AGM I had the honour of collecting the trophy on his behalf. Not bad for me given I was only there for the Sunday and did not operate a train!!. Mind you, did agree with Bruce to bring the enlarged version of The Maxwell Colliery Loading Point to Bonnybridge in 2016. Max

Archived