Digitrax Zephyr Xtra

acko22

Hi Gents

I saw this on ebay:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281436890310?

It is a digitrax digitraxs DCS51 dcc controller which would be perfect for my layout however (at the moment) it is less than the asking price by some way and the seller states with less than a day to go.

Plus he says it has everything you need (almost plug and go) so my question is simple it this too good to be true is it a good set up or are there better out there?

Is he calling the ebay bluff and you can get better for just as much where all you have to do it plug in and go?

Thanks

Gareth

I've a zephyr and there a good controller ,easy to use , it comes with everything you need , it'll have 2 manuals one for the functions and all the controlling trains bit then another for the programming part and you also get a bag with a wire and connector in aswell as a quick setup pullout leaflet

I got mine for about £150 if you can get it for cheaper then in my opinion it'll be a good deal

Brian

It's a very nice intro unit. I set up my practice layout using it. Easy to program locos, and even running some stationary decoders running through to peco point motors - also relatively painless to set up (though I didn't understand the instructions for setting up routes). As I move to my full size layout I'll be using this controller as a starting point and expanding from it as I go as I figure you can only run about 3-5 4mm locos safely, while the larger (more expensive units) can run more. Also like the Loco-net feature which allows you to run the data feed to the stationary decoders through telephone cable rather than using the track as a data bus (IMO keeps the cabling a little simpler - without going to a rainbow of wire colours to keep things straight).

Archived