Drivers (and Passengers) Wanted

autocoach

The topic title says it all.  This is a discussion of sources for road vehicle driver and passenger figures and needs to include all periods of the 20th century, When you respond please specify period and scale

Pre WW1

WW1

1918-1930

1930-1939

WW2

1946-1950 Austerity civilians would work for WW2 period as well

1950's

1960's (Mods and Rockers and rockers included)

1970's 

1980's

1990's

I guess we can include 2000-Current 

I have a lot of Oxford Die cast that could use some people. Even if they are just standing beside their vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Some years ago I bought a big box of unpainted seated figures (Faller, I think)  The poses and body language were great, particularly the teenager who had just had an argument with her parents. The clothes  are 70's era with a lot of flares.  I paid a colleague to paint them for me and used them mainly in road vehicles and trains but even they are a snug fit when you try to fit 41 passengers into an EFE SB. 

2 comments: 1 Using HO figures in 00 vehicles is useful because walls and roofs tend to be considerably overscale thickness and there is nothing worse than not being able to get the chassis aligned because the coach body is sitting on a passenger's head -  but which one?

2 Don't mix scales - a 00 driver (from Tower Models) looks a bit giant if all his passengers are HO - unless it was a school bus perhaps now there's a thought HMMM

tfc

Archived